Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

The day didn't start out so well. I went through my normal routine when I first got up, and that is to turn on the computer, and then grind the coffee beans and make coffee. The grinder worked and the computer booted, and then it all went off. It shouldn't have done that because those appliances never overload the capacity, but I figured the breaker tripped for some reason. When I looked, the breaker was still up, and I still haven't figured out what the problem is. I tried my hair dryer in all the bedroom outlets and found one that is evidently on a different circuit--tomorrow morning I will just set up the coffee maker on the bedroom vanity, and I'm using the dreaded laptop which is uncomfortable because I have to sit on the bed to reach the outlet - not easy on the back at all.

I made it to Jeannie's house and began to cook the corned beef, using three crock pots. Three turned out to be just right, and I estimated pretty well on the cabbage and potatos. The apple salad for dessert went over very well also, and since I couldn't use the instant packaged pudding mix (Jeannie gets migraines from one of the ingredients in it), I made the butterscotch pudding from scratch.

It is always fun getting together with family and this was special knowing that I will be leaving the area soon. They are trying to plan a family camping trip to the Corps of Engineers lake at Orland, so that will be something to look forward to. With Jeannie and Sarah both pregnant I will probably turn over my 5th wheel to them and I will see if this old girl can still get down low enough to crawl into a tent. If I use one of their tents it will probably seem luxurious to me, as they all have huge family tents with at least two rooms.

It has been a long day for me, and I actually drove myself home a little before 11:00 pm. I may take the dogs out early tomorrow morning and go back to bed for a while.

I took pictures this evening and will try to post a couple of them on the blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment