Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lights Out, Sacramento

I took part in the global lights out event between 8:30 and 9:30 pm last night. I turned off the computer, unplugged the microwave, and turned out all the lights and decided to just lie on the bed for an hour. Needless to say I went to sleep, and when I woke up quite a bit later I just crawled under the covers and slept the rest of the night.

I spent some time at Jeannie's this afternoon, and we discussed saving some very old home movie film, the first of which goes back to when I was 5 years old! I also have some other family movie film and I'm sure my grandparents will be on it - there is really no way to tell unless I have it converted to DVD. You can't find a movie projector these days, and I wouldn't buy a used one anyway. I'm sure they haven't even made them for well over 20 or 25 years.

The wind has been blowing something fierce today. I had hoped to wash my truck at Jeanne's but it was too chilly and too windy. It's about dog walking time and I dread the thought of going back out. I can remember when I used to get a lot of energy when the wind was blowing, but no more. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had any energy. Actually, I do remember, and it was in 2004 before I had to have a stent implanted in a blocked artery -- never felt the same since.

I have a lot to do the next two days and I should get started, otherwise I will just throw things into cabinets where I can find room, hoping to straighten eveything out when I arrive in Orland. Something tells me if I do that nothing will ever get straightened out. On the other hand, it was so nice to go to bed early last night I might just try another night of that.

1 comment:

  1. Back in the bad old drinking days many years ago, I had a lot of...."lights out."

    ReplyDelete