Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to Fry's Choo Choo

Donald, Autie and I went back to Fry's this morning, and I bought a printer. While there I took a closer look at the train decor, and I must tell you it is fantastic. The murals & trains are from the Sacramento Valley's old days, back in the latter part of the 1800's. I wish I had brought my camera, which I will do the next time I go back to Fry's.

I got the printer home and installed it. So far I've scanned some pictures, the results of which I'm not exactly thrilled, but that is no doubt due to the quality and age of the photos, nearly as old as I am and older in some cases. I think that what you have to go through in order to do a scan and then to save it, takes many more steps than my old Lexmark. I am still using the Lexmark software to adjust contrast, crop, flip the image, and save. I'll just have to deal with it because I do need the scanner.

I found time to go online and "check in" my plane reservations for tomorrow and to get seats on both planes. Hopefully I won't ever have to go through this again, as I don't intend to fly again. Donald will take me to the airport, and I am armed with printed itinerary, boarding pass, and one backpack that I will carry on (no checked luggage). I will have to take the laptop out of the pack to go through security, plus my little 1 quart ziplock bag with shampoo & lotion (not sure if toothpaste has to go into that bag or not). I just hope I can get everything back into the backpack after I clear security. I'm also going to carry a brown bag with snacks, and hopefully they will provide water on the flight. Isn't this a sorry state in the affairs of our country, and I hope the new administration will cut through the crap. Amtrak is a whole lot easier to travel with, but my fiver is just about the best!

The wind has been blowing in gusts and every now and then I can feel the gentle rocking of the fiver.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I planned to toss the entertainment center and put a small computer table or desk in its place. Well, I emptied the E-center out to get ready for the switch and realized how much storage I will be losing. It's not that I won't do it eventually, it is that I won't do it right now. I have to get this trip to SD behind me and then it will be time to pack up to leave Cal Expo. I don't have time to figure out how to pack everything that is currently in the E-Center. I ditched the TV however, so I have a big empty space where it used to be. To get it off the floor I put the computer and printer there and they fit the space perfectly. When I took out the Brother and put the new printer in its place I realized that it was going to be a tight fit. It won't do for a long-term solution, but for now, until I get back from SD, it will be fine.

I had really wanted to get my hair cut before having a picture taken that will last for 5 years on my driver's license. I couldn't get an appointment and haven't had time to find a walk-in salon, so I am going to look like a wild woman in the picture. What do I really care though. Once a woman realizes she is past the "love goddess" stage, hair styles don't really amount to a whole lot of importance. Well, actually they do..... Who knows, I might find a guy whose eyesight is so bad that I look like a love goddess to him, but then my eyesight is getting better all the time so how would he look to me, is the important point.

No comments:

Post a Comment