Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I made it to Sioux Falls

The plane was on time landing in Minneapolis but we waited about 15 minutes for a plane to pull out of the gate so we could pull in. No big problem because I had plenty of time between flights, although I was close to the rear of the plane and it took forever for everyone ahead of me to leave. Then the plane to Sioux Falls was late because we had to wait for it to fly in from someplace else, deplane passengers, get cleaned up etc. It resulted in my getting to the motel about 45 minutes later than I had anticipated. I have a very nice room on the first floor, close to the ice machine. Although I brought snacks along, I haven't had a decent meal since breakfast but too late to worry about it now.

Steve came by this morning, and picked up the dogs. It is a relief to me that I don't have to worry about them until Thursday. Donald and Autie drove me to the airport, and he will pick me up tomorrow night. It is great to be the recipient of kindness.

Now for some R&R and hopefully I can get to sleep at a decent Central Time. Losing 2 hrs will be more difficult when I have to get up in the morning. This is an excellent reason why driving is an easier life than flying!

I have to say that while I was waiting at the Sacramento airport this morning, a flood of memories came back to me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I traveled often, and it was always a pleasure to fly over the Sierra mountain range, the foothills, and finally the rice paddies that are in the vicinity of Sacramento airport. Flying home was always a joy. The trips I liked best were those to other places in California because I would usually take a small, 2 propeller plane. They fly low to the ground and I always felt more safe in them. I would rather have an emergency landing in one of those small planes than in a jumbo jet. The pilots were pretty amusing as well. I will never forget sitting among the 10 or so passengers, seeing the pilot and co-pilot getting reading for takeoff, and one asking the other, "Say, did you get the door?" I wanted to shout, "Uh, wait a minute, I'll be glad to check the door!!!"

If I have any layover time at all in Minneapolis I may post another entry; otherwise I'll be back on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Minneapolis! Gypsy, you were only 1 1/2 hours away from us.
    When you go to Sioux Falls next year, swing NE and visit us. We have a great site for your 5er. Bob

    ReplyDelete