Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another weekend is here and the row that held two big motorhomes during the week now has nine MH's and one trailer. Another fifth wheel pulled in two spaces over from me yesterday, and with the windows open I could see and hear pretty well. The man pulled in and then his wife got out and followed his directions to "check this and check that", and "go inside to see if the fridge light is on", and it went on and on. I realize that is what I miss when I pull into or out of a campground and have to keep jumping in and out to check things: A WIFE! Indispensible, aren't they. I think his demanding, "snap to it" tone of voice was annoying. I noticed him walking past my rear window this morning and stopping her - she was evidently going to drive the truck someplace. He said something to her and she began to back the truck up and pull back around to their space, and I could see the look on her face as she went by. I think she finds him annoying as well, and this morning I am glad to be a solo RVer. Enough campground gossip for today.

This is the mat I bought at Costco (for $22 plus change). It is 6 X 9 and is plenty spacious for what I want. I have another camp chair that will fit nicely, and I'm going to get a small table to set between the chairs. I wasn't going to include this picture to my blog because it shows how filthy dirty my rig is, but it will make a good "before" picture, and as soon as I clean it up I will post an "after" shot of the same scene.

4 comments:

  1. Nice rug Gypsy. They tend to keep the rig so much cleaner as it catches some of thr dirst before going up the steps.
    Can't wait to get our trailer back on the road again...won't be long now. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mat, gypsy. Great price too! I bought a little folding table at Walmart a couple of years ago. I think it was 7.99 and folds flat. They sell them at Camping World too but is more expensive there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wouldn't be fun RVin if we didn't have a little dirt in our ears ya know:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, the guy sounds just like my boss and mrs boss. I feel so sorry for her most of the time. I like your outdoor setup.

    ReplyDelete