Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 16, 2009

Maps

From the time I was a young child I have loved maps and geography books, and can spend hours looking at them to plan possible routes or to just enjoy. I have been taking advantage of the fact that the AAA office in Sacramento is only a few miles from the RV park, and I'm replenishing all my outdated maps a few at a time. Today I got some new ones - Alaska, Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba & Saskatchewan, plus the Western Canada & Alaska CampBook. I don't normally use the CampBooks to find RV parks, but they are a good reference for what is available in the area plus the prices.

I have already taken a peek at some of the maps but plan to plump up the pillows on the couch and lie back to savor them, make notes, and dream. Is there rain in the forecast? Bring it on! With my maps, the book about ghosts in Savannah, and Steinbeck's "Travels With Charlie", I am happy to just read for a while.

1 comment:

  1. You and Sue would have a grand old time with maps. She is another one who can pour over them for hours. Me, being a proud member of the male sex, tend not to get involved with formal directions. Bob

    ReplyDelete