Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, February 28, 2014

Internal Clock

I'm not sure why, but my internal clock is giving me fits.  Yesterday I slept in until 9:30am, and last night I just couldn't stay asleep after about 4 hrs.  I finally got up before 5am and decided to go ahead and make coffee and breakfast.  Bacon, eggs, and toast were a real treat this morning.  It's like I'm wired or something; I usually go to bed at 11:00pm and get up at 8:00am.  I hope I can soon get back to some kind of schedule.

The rain was pretty heavy all night, and I hope I get a little break in the weather later on this morning.  My fuel tank is very low so I need to fill it up, and I want to see what sort of storage units or systems I might find to organize my maps and camping gear.

I think I found what I needed at Costco and made it back home before the rain started again in earnest.  I fiddled around with the maps for a while and then at Noon I felt so tired I climbed back into bed and took a 2 hr nap, and I'm just now eating lunch.  I need to be on more of a schedule if I'm going to eat the amounts I need.

It looks like March is going to come in like a lion for much of the country.  We sure need the rain, and even more, the snow in the mountains since the snowmelt provides a big percentage of the state's water needs.
 

Ara called me earlier and told me she has landed her dream job.  She starts next week.  I'm so happy for her and hope she loves it, although all of us in CA were hoping she might move back to the west coast.  I think Philadelphia is perfect for her except that the nearest family is in New York.

Right now it sounds like a train is rumbling over my roof.  I like the sound of rain, but I absolutely hate it when it hits my roof with such force.


9 comments:

  1. We are still waiting for the rain to start here but they keep promising it will tonight. Sometimes my sleep schedule gets so messed up but eventually I get back on track. My problem is if I take a nap then I cannot get to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been many many years since I've taken a nap. Like Sandie, it messes up me being able to get to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times I take a nap and wasn't intending to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same kind of night. Slept about 2 hours and work up feeling wired. I'd say it's in the air but you and I are on opposite sides of the country. What is Ara's dream job?? I never did land one I could call that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get your sleep back on track soon... it's a bugger to be up when you want to sleep- and worse to be sleepy when you need to be up!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you having and ensure late in the afternoon? That might be the cause for not sleeping well.
    What kind of storage unit did you find? They have some really nice ones and i had thought maybe I would get one but changed my mind I have enough already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No need to fret; just do as you body tells you it needs. Regular hours are for working folks. You have the luxury of going with the flow. The moisture is very much needed. Likely it will not last long. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of DH's cancer medications wires him up for a few days each week, but over the months of treatment, he has learned to just go with the flow - go to bed when sleepy at night (or, more usually, early morning), sleep until waking up, and then nap as needed during the day. The clock on the wall is no guide to what your body requires at any given time. Just let your inner clock be the driving force to your sleep times. Your body will thank you.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete