Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Back to Home Depot

I had gone there yesterday intending to look for Endust in the section with cleaning supplies.  I knew exactly where that has always been, so I went directly to it to find it had been moved.  I don't mind asking for help when I need it, but when I walked in that door I didn't think I needed to know where cleaning supplies were.

So just a little bit aggravated that they had moved it, I moved on to where I had always found tarps.  I want to cut a footprint for my new tent from a tarp - again, the tarps weren't where they have always been.  I was just a little put out about it so I left the store.

This morning I returned, asked the greeter at the front entrance where I could find cleaning supplies as well as tarps - no Endust but I did pick up a medium weight tarp.  I think it will be on the heavy side if I decide to do any backpacking, so I'll probably use it for something else and see if I can get a lighter version.  What I'd like to do is to pick up some ends of Tyvek, although it makes an annoying crinkly noise.  Some backpackers actually launder it (plain water only)  to get rid of the noise and make it softer, but I wouldn't go that far.

I'm making another pot of split pea soup this afternoon so I won't have a half-full package of peas hanging around getting lost in the back of the cabinet.  It smells pretty good while cooking.

Yesterday I almost worried myself because I couldn't get full.  I was munching on something all day long.  I don't notice any beautiful fat cells forming except on my belly, where I'd rather not have them!

When I was at the checkout at Home Depot, the man behind the counter commented on my tarp and asked what I was going to use it for.  He was interested in hearing about my backpacking plans, which started a discussion of where I was going and "Are you gonna be carrying a gun?"  Nope, I responded, good lord I'd probably shoot myself in the foot!  

I think we will go to the gym tonight, and Donald is going back for the first time since he had to have his leg (ACL) re-operated on.  I just hope the young boys and the beautiful girls went yesterday.

Last night I photographed my new Fila's (they have the bright blue trim), and also took a picture with one of the Trail Hikers I ordered.  I again tried both shoes on, fiddling around with the way I tied them to see if they still hurt my ankle.  They do.  I wonder if the ankle bone is more prominent because of the weight loss, but I can't follow that thought to a conclusion as to whether it will get any better when I gain back the weight.  So I am just going to return them and never try to buy anything online again. 


  

15 comments:

  1. It is always best to try on a pair of shoes or boots before you buy them. Depending on width, I can wear several sizes. I have short wide feet. Hard to fit.

    ReplyDelete

  2. SO sorry to hear about the repeat shoe problem. I too have given up buying shoes on line. I have to try them on to see how they feel. Maybe you can find a good sale. DAvid got some hiking boots just this past week for 50% off. They were still $75 but they are good boots and may last him the rest of his life. Eat away, you can use the weight. Wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my stupid ankle bone, I would never think of buying a pair of shoes on line but I know a lot of people who do and with good luck. What is a footprint for your tent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Endust has a website and you can put in your state and get a list of stores that supposedly sell it. Target is one of the stores listed and some grocery stores. I don't find what the websites say always to be true but might help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it annoying to have to return things? Equally annoying when stores move things...aarrghh! I think it's a good thing that your appetite is so good. Glad you found a good tarp! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both pair of shoes but like I said before I cannot buy shoes on line. I have enough trouble buying them in the store.

    Love the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always bought Enddust at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most shooting ranges give lessons.
    I traveled alone by motorcycle for 30 years and always carried. At least twice and probably three times having a gun saved me from at least rape and one time death. A lady was raped and murdered, early afternoon, at a rest area I stopped at, at 12:30 in the afternoon just east of Dallas two months later. I had to pull my gun out but thankfully not shoot anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having a Dutch wife means I have come to love pea soup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pea soup. do you put ham in it?I would like to make some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you did not give up on Home Depot and went back. I think it is a great idea to make your own tent footprint rather than buy them when you purchase a tent.

    I love my Kodiak Canvas tent but they are pricey so I passed up on the tarp. Three years later I bought one and was so disappointed with the quality. I would have been better off making my own.

    I have found some good tarps at Harbor Freight for half the price of those they sell elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came from Walmart. I saw Endust on the shelf there. $3.33 a can. I used to buy those disposable dusting cloths , then I had the bright idea of using Endust and scraps of fleece from sewing. Works well for lots less money.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just came from Walmart. I saw Endust on the shelf there. $3.33 a can. I used to buy those disposable dusting cloths , then I had the bright idea of using Endust and scraps of fleece from sewing. Works well for lots less money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do they have Harbor Freight in your area? Great place to buy tarps and there is usually a coupons for 20% off in the local papers. Becki

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.endust.com/store-locator/

    I don't know if this will help but it looks as if it is available at some stores...

    Garry

    ReplyDelete