Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hangin' in there!

I really don't know why but I am feeling even better today than I did yesterday, and seem to have more energy.  Maybe it is because I woke up way after my normal time of 8 am - I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock and it said 9:30!  

So I got busy and did some cleaning in the kitchen, and then decided to organize my maps and such.  The pictures don't show exactly how bad the situation was, nor how much better it is now.  I have the maps roughly organized by section of the country, national forest maps, and still have a small pile that I'm undecided about where to place them.

All this organization of maps doesn't put a dent into my map/camping room, but it's a start!
BEFORE:

 
AFTER: 





I don't know why the photos are so dark.  I haven't used this camera for a while so maybe I need some practice.  You can click on a photo to make it larger, and hopefully more clear.

I turned on my TV this morning and had some difficulty getting it to work properly.  Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly, although hitting the "ON" button seems pretty straightforward!  I don't know what I did but eventually the picture came on and I switched to the Animal Planet channel.  My very favorite tv show, "Animal Cops Houston" was showing, so I watched it while eating my breakfast, checking email and blogs, and cleaning the kitchen.  I never tire of that show.

We've had some pretty heavy rain earlier today although the sun is out now and it is pleasantly warm outside.

I need to finish watching all the DVD's I checked out from the library so I can return them in a couple of days.  I watched Grand Canyon to Alaska on the America's most scenic drives collection, and there is one more DVD - American the Beautiful Musical Tribute - in the collection.  The scenes in Hawaii were spectacular, and I think Hawaii must be one of the most beautiful places in the world.  I don't think I'd want to live there, however.

I don't like sleeping so late because the day seems to be flying by faster than usual.  Now I need to get back to my problem room and figure out where I'm going to put the maps.  I need another bookshelf or some kind of organizer in that room, but the prices of units I've looked at are outrageous.  I'm not looking for a piece of furniture, but simply want a functional system to hold my maps and small camping items.  The bigger pieces of gear are just going to be placed where I can find room for them.

6 comments:

  1. I always forget about garage sales and second hand stores, but one of our bloggers said she got a bunch of plastic storage containers that way, very cheap. You might want to do some checking in your area to see if you can find something cheap that might work. I paid a lot for my simple 3-drawer plastic storage container.

    Of course, there's always shoe boxes - check out a shoe store and see if they'll give you some, or the empty boxes at Costco,all different sizes are available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the the simple TV is getting so more complicated every day:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to have maps and a travel plan, although you don't have to stick to the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I know you LOVE your maps!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Barbra said the plastic storage bins are great and come in many sizes and colors now. I have them in my camper for clothes, towels and sheets and anything else that needs to be stored while driving.
    I also put one next to the new desk for supplies with a small top drawer for pens and such. And they vary in prices. I donated a few not to long ago because I had to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you just keep feeling better and better. I never understand age and sleeping. First they say you sleep less and then they say you sleep more.

    ReplyDelete