Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Waiting

The AT&T installer was scheduled to be here between 11 and 1:00, and it's now 1pm.  I just got a call from him saying he'd be here in about 20 minutes.  But I didn't have anything else to do today, did I.

So now he has been here for about 1/2 hr. but has to go get something he needs but doesn't have with him.  He said once he gets back it should only take him about 20 minutes.  I confirmed that I will have a DVR with this service, something DirecTV didn't offer me.  With DirecTV I needed my own recorder, according to them.  It will be nice to have if I won't be home when a dynamite show is on the Science channel, but I doubt I'll use it all that much.  I will have the Smithsonian channel, as well as NASA TV and a number of travel channels, which I think I will like once in a while.

Last night I got a notice from Verizon that I had gone over my limit for this month, with 4 days left.  I can up the limit another 5GB for an extra $30, but I wouldn't come close to being able to use 5GB in just 4 days.  I will just pay an extra $10 for each additional GB and hopefully I won't go over the first $10.  I am counting the months (about 4) - soon to count the days - until my contract with Verizon is up.  In the meantime I'm swearing off watching videos - even the little 2 and 3 minute videos eat up bandwidth evidently.

I got a great night's sleep last night but I'm getting really tired this afternoon.  I think my momentum was trashed waiting for the TV installer to arrive, and I can't really do much while he's here.  I hope to go to the gym tonight and I want to get a nap in beforehand.

Well it's all taken care of now and I have TV once again.  Just looking at the remote and the choices gives me a slight headache!  I can record programs but I can't skip commercials, except for the ones on recorded programs.  I turned off the set right now and may check it out later this evening.

All the energy I had a few hours ago to get things done, has now faded away.  No big deal, really.  What I didn't do today I can always do tomorrow - as long as I don't turn that TV on first thing in the morning!




11 comments:

  1. Some of my friends have that DVR set-up and they use it all the time. Then they can watch their favorite shows at their convenience. Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I record the shows I want to watch .. set the DVR on series record. Then when you watch them you can fast forward through the commercials.

    Yates likes to pause a program ... go fix something to eat or whatever ... then come back and you can watch and fast forward ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I was going to say the same thing. You can record whatever programs you do like to watch, and then watch them commercial free. :) Now, I drive myself crazy when I am watching something live because I am always trying to fast forward over the commercials just out of habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seldom, if ever, watch a live show. Can't stand those commercials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never watch videos of any kind on my 5G verizon plan so I miss the ones folks put in their blogs. I'm not sure why they continue putting commercials in programs. You'd think they know everyone is recording the programs so they can skip the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only watch videos when we are here in AJ and have media com hooked up. Can't do it with the Verizon jet pack. I have no idea how to run our recorder. Jim tapes things for me but I guess I don't care if I miss something or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started with 4 GB's and went way over my limit, went to 6, still went over so now as long as we are on the road, I have 8 GB's but I don't do any videos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting around makes me lazy too.
    I never watch TV in the mornings I try to keep busy until around 2 then I run out of steam and turn it on.
    Have fun learning the DVR I don't have on and I don't want one just another thing to drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting around makes me lazy too.
    I never watch TV in the mornings I try to keep busy until around 2 then I run out of steam and turn it on.
    Have fun learning the DVR I don't have on and I don't want one just another thing to drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems the cable guy, telephone man, plumbers and all the trade guys love to make people wait on them.

    Glad you got yours out of the way and they did not re-schedule you as they are so fond of doing.

    Enjoy your new DVR...I am old fashioned...I still have my VCR :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly is the electronic Wiz-Kid at our house. She does that DVR stuff all the time. I wouldn't even have a clue how to turn it on. Like most others I hate those dreaded stupid commercials. Like your channel line-up. Luckily I have never got into the habit of watching computer videos. I'm sure I miss a lot of great stuff but that's Okay........

    ReplyDelete