Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Plunge on Tybee Island

Today I went with Judy, another volunteer, to Tybee where the annual plunge into the ocean was taking place, along with a "parade of goofs".

Here are some Fish People, and Popeye the Sailor Man,:




And a couple of penguins and a mermaid:




The judges gave first prize to The Smurfs:




There were quite a few more who took part in the parade, but hundreds gathered for the plunge. Here they are waiting for the rope to be dropped, and then into the water:





I knew it would be windy and cold so I dressed warmly and stayed comfortable except for the rain. Now that I'm back home in front of the electric heater, the sun has come out.

6 comments:

  1. That's so neat to see that! I've heard so much about the "plunge". I'm glad you went. Figures the sun comes out when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr, that 'plunge' doesn't sound like much flunge to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You didn't take the plunge? Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...that looks like a cold sport! Brrrrr

    Hope you have a wonderful New Year and that it is the best yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which smurf were you, Gypsy? The plunge at home is called the Polar Bear Swim on New Years Day. No matter what they call it, they're crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and stayed warm to boot. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete