Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Working on my day off

I am nearly worn to a frazzle I have worked so hard today. Not to be outdone by Al of the Bayfield Bunch, I decided to do a bit of vacuuming in the RV since it has been a while. I know I picked up at least 10# of dog hair from one dog - with three pooches, Al must have been really kept busy! In between emptying the vacuum cleaner I ran back and forth to get my laundry done (actually it was so cold I drove the few hundred yards). I can tell you that getting a queen size comforter into a duvet cover is difficult, and nearly impossible for just one person, but I managed it. Now I can luxuriate in clean sheets and a clean duvet.

I was planning to take a propane tank for a refill today. There is a little devil that lives inside my head, and she is constantly trying to get me to veer off the straight and narrow. So she says to me, "why not wait until tomorrow, and then you can take both tanks to be topped off?". I needed an better excuse to do this though, and she quickly came to my aid - "you need to fuel up your truck and you certainly don't want to do that while carrying propane tanks".

I will be getting propane tomorrow and I am relatively sure I have enough to last me for a couple of days if necessary. I did tell the little imp that I am going to disconnect my water hose tonight. Yes, I know I've skated by the last two nights with temperatures in the mid twenties, but I don't want my luck to run out at the worst possible time. Sometimes you have to be stern with these little devils as they love to see you trip yourself over something you should (or should not) have done.

7 comments:

  1. Ah HA! You sound like Jim. Nah, I'll fill the tank tomorrow. At 3am they're both out. I'm kidding with ya, but sure sounds familiar. I hope it warms up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I know about them little imps & devils alright. One of those little buggers keeps short circuiting my short term memory making me have to learn everything all over again everyday. Very frustrating having to get the instruction manual out every morning to tie my shoes!!!! Keep up the good fight though Gypsy....your a winnin:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope I don't read your journal tomorrow to find out its' "Imps 1 Gyspsy 0". Great job with the queen size duvet and cover though as that would be a difficult job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have single size duvets and that is enough trouble already but oh they are so nice and warm. Don't give in to that imp, you might freeze which is not much fun. I have an electric blanket and that would not be too bad even if it got cold in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have those little 'devils' lurking inside to cause us mischief! Sounds like you are winning the battle....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! I struggle with the same procrastination imp. Seems like we were both doing the same cleaning catch up thing yesterday. I sure wish Emma didn't shed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't have to guess when one of your propane tanks is empty. Most RV's tanks are coupled together with a device that shows when one tank goes empty by turning red. You then swing the valve to the other tank, remove the empty one and have it refilled. Don't you have a valve system like that? I'd be happy to walk you through working it, if you'd like.
    Fred Wishnie

    ReplyDelete