Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The thermometer is on a yo-yo string

It starts out warm in the morning (sometimes) and then by mid-afternoon gets freezing cold. Today has been such a day. I think most of the country is having weird weather so I just have to deal with it. Last night's full moon, high tide, and heavy rains led to the closing of the road to Ft. Pulaski and Tybee Island for a time today. The hardy rangers who made it in came through some pretty high water. My morning was slow but the afternoon picked up and I kept fairly busy. Now we are back to several nights of below freezing temps, so I guess I'm going to let my faucet do a slow drip.

You might have noticed the white Parrott cannon pictured in yesterday's blog. The cannon is being repainted and the white is primer - it will soon be a black cannon again.

There were six Union soldiers firing muskets today. For a person who knows absolutely nothing about firearms and is somewhat of a pacifist to boot, I just love watching and hearing the muskets and cannons here at Fort Pulaski. Here are the soldiers on their way down to where they will be giving the demonstration.





One more work day until my two days off! Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment