Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pictures taken at the Fort

It was an uneventful day at work, and I had time to snap some photos: I had previously tried to get the plaque at the entrance to solitary confinement but the lighting was wrong, so here is a little better shot at it. The second picture is the entrance to solitary, and the third is looking into the little room (pictures of which I've already posted). Click on a picture to enlarge it.





I then went over to one of the stairwells from ground level up to the rampart and teraplain, and then back down.





Finally, I took a picture of a fig tree, or possibly several trees, that should be full of figs in a few months.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! That's the first time I've seen a fig tree. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics, Gypsy. I like that old round stairwell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Gypsy. Your photos and stories regarding this fort have made it a "must see" on our list of places to go. Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it would have been a very cold & damp place to be confined in the winter of 1865-65 Or anytime as far as that goes!!

    ReplyDelete