Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Disappointing black & white photos

I should have realized that the film wasn't fresh and wouldn't produce very good photos, but I will post some of them anyway. Here are some taken at Bonaventure Cemetery. Cherubs on a tombstone indicate a baby or young child's grave.









And my favorite statue:



This is the bridge from Hwy. 80 over to Cockspur Island. It crosses the South Channel of the Savannah River, which was extremely calm and beautiful this morning, but none of the pictures showed it very well.



I have received several comments on a previous post regarding an organic product I recently bought for treating the waste tanks. I have only used it once so far, but have been very happy with it. For the past month or two I have patiently pulled apart the two plies of the Angel Soft toilet paper. This vastly improved the sensors, although not completely. After using the product once the lowest level sensors - those which indicate Empty and 1/3 - must be clean because after the first use and emptying the tank, the sensor showed Empty. That has never happened before since I owned this 5th wheel.

Another question is why I empty the tank on a weekly basis. I have read many posts on this subject on just about every RV Forum I know of, and they are all conflicting. Some say empty only when it is full, and others say empty once a week whether it needs it or not. I have had problems in the past with odors when the tank gets too close to full, so I opt to empty it more often and use plenty of water. It works for me, and if it ain't broke, I ain't fixin' it.

So while I may find that in the long run the Happy Camper product isn't perfect, I am satisfied enough so far to keep on using it. For those who might be doubtful but would like to try it, you can purchase the 4 oz size for $4.50, or the 18 oz size for $17, both plus S/H. The company promises a total refund if you aren't completely satisfied. The completely organic treatment is 100% made in the USA, and this is a "plus" in my book.

3 comments:

  1. We've used Happy Camper three times now and have been very pleases. We've also been dumping the black tank every Friday and it's been almost over the 2/3 full each time. So far so good. I love the black and white pictures. That's the a cemetery I have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have the free Picasa program you can change any colour picture to Black and White. That way you don't have to use film, just your digital camera. Nothing wrong with the ones you took. Those statues are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked those b/w pics you took Gypsy. Sure puts a different perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete