Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not sunny and warm here!

It's raining and pretty chilly, if not downright cold. The rain is really coming down and I'm glad I got home before it got too bad. Lady had a very quick walk and I think even she was glad to get back to the warmth of home. And the heck with worrying about propane, this weather is tolerable if I am not shivering. I decided to live wild with the setting at about 62!

I took some photos at the visitors center before I went over to the Fort to work today. Thomas wasn't in so I filled in at the Sutler Store, but was dressed for working in the warm VC today. At noon I came home for lunch and put on my long underwear!

Ranger Matt (who is also Thomas' son):


Ranger Joanne is clowning around with her baseball cap turned sideways.


Ranger Patty came into the store to get warm by the fire:


Since Thomas is still sick I will be working again tomorrow. Today I was out of firewood at the store and since the heat hasn't yet been fixed, I was desperate. Megan helped me find some and carry it back, and then built the best fire I've ever seen! I could never have gotten the logs positioned so well, and with such a good start, it wasn't difficult to keep going all day. When I was leaving this afternoon I saw them bringing in a load of firewood, so I'll be good to go.

Today, Living History Saturday, features cannon demonstrations plus the musket firing. With about 5 Union soldiers firing muskets at the same time it is almost as loud as the cannon, but not quite. The cannon is deafening.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention in my Blog that the cut in butter should stay at least as big as a pea, no smaller. That gives the croissants a flaky texture.
    Hope you get a good fire going tomorrow. 62 F is pretty cool :-(. Time will come and you won't need a fire, just keep the faith :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 62??? Good Gracious! I couldn't deal with that low of a setting. Since I got the auxiliary tank for the motorhome, I've been enjoying a 69* setting. ;)

    ReplyDelete