Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 30, 2010

Driving again

I finally got Steve to bring back my truck today. He had left his car here earlier in the week and I didn't want the keys - I've never driven it and recovering from eye surgery isn't the time to get comfortable driving something new. I almost got worried that my kids were conspiring to keep my keys, but they wouldn't dare!

I needed some prescriptions refilled so I drove about a mile to Bel Air supermarket, and picked up a few goodies while I was there. I parked in the back of the lot where I could take up two spaces and didn't have any problems, although I wouldn't want to drive very far or into unfamiliar territory. I can tell my eyes are getting better little by little, even though I have a ways to go.

Jeannie bought me a rice cooker as a housewarming gift, and I just made the perfect batch of rice! I have a craving for fried rice and I'm now frying the bacon for it. I've tried making it with pork as well as chicken, but I don't think anything beats bacon fried rice. I will be very careful when I save the grease and put it into the fridge.

Steve is still getting phone calls about the truck. I could sell it in a heartbeat if I was so inclined. A lot of guys want an F-350 with duallies and an extended cab/long bed. I got it (plus boot brushes on the running boards) and I ain't letting it go, at least for now.

8 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back behind the wheel - at least a little bit. Sounds like your truck is a real hot item down there. I'm not surprised when you look at the the price of the new ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read that you are driving a little bit. Yeah, watch that bacon grease. I remember reading what happened the last time. :)

    Have a good weekend and enjoy that rice cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacon Fried rice, sounds great never had it, I love Beef fried rice, Post the recipe you use and I will try it. Glad to see your seeing improvement and getting better, time will make you like new. Be safe out there Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your vision is improving. It will take time but is well worth the trouble. Maybe drop a little grease... let lady help with the clean up again. She needs to feel useful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything with bacon has got to be good! :-) I remember when I was little my grandma would save the bacon grease for the next day. We'd have bacon grease sandwiches for lunch! I think that was before they discovered colesteral(sp).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are driving again and your eyes are improving. I haven't learned how to reply to comments, but thank you for replying.
    EVERYBODY wants a big truck. Every time I take mine in for oil change, the service man wants to buy it! Mine is 2001 F350 7.3 diesel. They tell me that is the best engine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear you're getting your eyesight back little by little.

    I love fried rice with bacon, and I too remember the last time bacon grease was in the blog. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love my rice steamer.. it comes out perfect every time. I have another one just for steaming veggies and shrimp too. Then altogether I add it to stir fry and supper is done!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete