Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 19, 2010

First expedition since surgery

I think I should wait a few more days for the next one. I drove to get my hair cut this morning, at a salon near Cal Expo which is about 15 miles from here. I am very familiar with the streets in that direction and the traffic was light. Unfortunately, I'm still fuzzy in my left eye and my vision in that eye kept going in and out. I kept focused on the white lines in the road ahead of me, and fortunately most folks were keeping to the speed limit, meaning that I was just about on the same page as everyone else - no need for cars to dart from lane to lane which always keeps me on edge. My good eye was especially good, although depth perception would be a problem in some situations.

I arrived early and went into a Starbucks. I had taken my computer thinking I could use their wifi, but somehow it didn't work. They have AT&T wifi, but it demanded my user name and password. I have AT&T for my internet connection but couldn't remember what my userid was, nor were there any instructions on Starbuck's opening page as to how to obtain an ID and password. From now on I will not go to a Starbucks when I want wifi.

The hairdresser is excellent and I am very happy with the haircut. I'd planned to stop at Walmart on the way back to pick up another set of Corelle (I only have 4 place settings) and some glasses, but knew I shouldn't push my luck so came straight back home. I know I have to be patient, but I also know it's going to rain heavily and get colder for the next two days so I'll be confined at home, then it will be back into the 70's and sunny again.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the rain will be a blessing in disguise, and let you rest.
    You are anxious to get your new nest fully equipped, but you also know that you should be taking it easy right now!
    Please take care of yourself.
    Happy Recovery, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful out there with the driving, Gypsy, until your vision is really clear! We want you and your truck kept in one piece.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has absolutely nothing to do with your post but I just have to tell you that we had dinner with some friends of yours tonight. Mary and Paul. What great people and they thing you are special. Nothing but great things to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gypsy... please be careful. You are so anxious to get all settled, I know. But take your time and rest. That is best to heal those tiny veins in the eyes with least amount of scar tissue possible. Take a few days off from the go go go girl!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Starbucks AT&T wifi...user name and password are the same ones you use at home.

    ReplyDelete