Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Still waiting for big improvement

I am trying to be patient while waiting for my eyesight to show a noticeable improvement, but it's going slowly. I keep hoping I will wake up in the morning to find my operative eye is free of the fuzziness and blurring that I've had since surgery. But today is only the 5th day, so maybe I will have to give it more time. I find waiting like this a real P.I.T.A.!

I went with Jeannie and Donald yesterday to the Roseville Galleria where they wanted to resolve some issues about their new sleep number bed, and I visited the Apple Store to buy genealogy software for the Mac (way expensive compared to similar Windows software). I normally shy away from anyplace with "Galleria" in the name, and I certainly wouldn't ever go back to the one at Roseville by myself. I could drive around for hours and not find my way out of the place!

I will take my Mac to an Apple store on a day other than Saturday, but I will visit the store that is in a mall near Cal Expo. At least you can just drive in one of the parking lot entrances and park in a big lot that is easy to get in and out of. I always go straight for the back of the lot since I'm sure to take up 2 or more spaces.

So now I have my new software, but will have to bring my desktop over and get the database from my old program to load on the Mac. I halfway thought about partitioning my drive and loading Windows on the Mac, but decided against it. I don't want to have to go back to the constant need to download and install security patches. The Mac has it all over Windows in that respect. I do miss my MahJong game though.

Now I have to determine if I can lift the old desktop up out of the under-bed storage area, down the steps to the doorway and then down some more steps outside before hoisting it up into my truck, and back down and into the apartment. It doesn't sound like a great idea just yet! Dang, when you get new software you want to try it out right away. I could have waited a week or so to buy it, but wanted it NOW.

We all were invited to my sister, Amy's house last night for dinner. She grilled chicken (jerk seasoned and teriyaki seasoned) plus a tri tip roast. She sent me home with lots of food, salad, fruit bowl, etc., so I don't have to cook today. Everything was super delicious, and it's just as good the second day.

Time for my mid-day nap.

8 comments:

  1. My Mac came with MaJongh. Check under games on your computer.

    Hope your eye clears up soon. I'm looking at your progress so I know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy I am JB's Wife and just want you to know that I have a girlfriend that is just 50 and had major eye surgery. Her lens had slip and had cataracts removed and it took at least 4 weeks to recover. Please don't lift anything like they told you. I am pretty long winded today. But I follow your bog every day so keep us informed of your progress and your new life style.


    Take Good Care
    Brenda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you dare do any of that lifting for a few more days. You need to let that eye completely heal first. Patience - so hard to come by sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get lots of great Majongh games at bigfish.com. Tons of awesome Mac games on that site. I have a membership. It costs 6.99USD per month and you get a game credit for that. Basically, for buying one 6.99 game a month you get access to their daily deals on 2.99 games. You also get a free game for every six that you buy. I've been a member for a long time and love it!

    This is the direct link for Mac games: http://www.bigfishgames.com/mac.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you Gypsy & patience is not one of my strong points but with something as seriously delicate as eyes, even I would be doing what I was told. I can understand how lifting & straining would be directly detramental to the eye & you sure don't want to undo what somebody has taken the time, effort & skill to already do for you......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the others have said Gypsy, take it easy for a bit and I'm sure your eye will come along just fine and everything will be crystal clear to you - except, of course, for the never ending computer questions and problems - that never, ever becomes crystal clear, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gypsy, I have been reading your blog for some time, even went back and read the whole thing! I love it!
    Try pogo.com for your MaJongh game along with others. Speedy recovery on your eye
    G&M aka donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like what the others said, take it easy. No harm in waiting. I'm following along as I'll have to have surgery next year or so. Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date.

    ReplyDelete