Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 8, 2010

More from Fair Oaks Village

I left early again this morning and picked up quite a few items from the 5th wheel. I wonder if I will ever be able to empty it! On my way back I stopped in Fair Oaks Village and just parked the truck and started walking. Checked out the hardware store - an old fashioned one which is the kind I love - and then just walked around looking at the chickens. They are everywhere and you can hear the roosters crowing all the time. Enrique, our maintenance man, told me that they estimate about 400 birds in all live in the Village of Fair Oaks, and there is even a Chicken Festival in late spring which I hope to attend.

I didn't stay long because I knew I had a lot of things to put away back home, but I did get a few pictures. I hope to take more of the main road through the village in the next few days.




And of course, some of the chickens:



This is fine looking fellow who blends in well with his surroundings, so you will need to click on the picture to get a good look.



I talked to my son Mike today once he got to his hospital room after surgery. He described "discomfort", but I'm sure it's spelled "p-a-i-n". The surgery seems to have gone well, and he's an adult so he'll ask for pain medication when he thinks he needs it. I'm relieved the surgery is over and he can begin to recover now. They fixed a hernia from a couple of previous surgeries, and did some fusion of vertebrae. It's all sort of like Greek to me, but it hurts just thinking about it.

I will soon get around to taking some photos of my apartment, but I want to have all the boxes emptied and taken away, and everything in place.

6 comments:

  1. Oh those chickens!!! I bet the roosters are a happy bunch!! Hope your son gets well soon. I can imagine how bad you must feel for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Mike is doing well after the surgery. Thanks for posting on that.

    Can't wait for pics on the apt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud and cross the road again ?

    Because he was a dirty double-crosser!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new town. thanks for the pics. good wishes to your son for recovery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new town looks like a great little place - even with the chickens wandering all over. Must be a great place for 'chicken jokes'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little town Gypsy. Thanks for the update on your son. I bet he will feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete