Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I feel like I'm in jail!

Not exactly, because I'm free to come and go, I just can't go far. I drove to a nearby convenience store this afternoon - about 1/4 mile away and no traffic, wide streets, etc. I do not have depth perception on the sides - I can see fine in front of me, although I have some difficulty telling how far I can pull up and not hit anything. Consequently, I never pull up close enough.

So here I sit today, doing nothing, trying to remember not to lean over or to pick up anything heavy. The one thing I should be doing is to vacuum the carpet, but I tell myself that's probably too much strain on my eye muscles. Great excuse anyway!

In case anyone should think I ought not to have driven today, I will say that my vision was pretty sketchy throughout the morning. All the sudden it was like the filmy curtains were pulled back and I could see quite clearly. I grabbed my keys and was off like a bolt of lightning. Of course I had just gotten out of the driveway when I thought better of the idea, but had to go down to turn around in the convenience store parking lot. The clerk was wowed that I was driving that big truck!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your vision is starting to clear. I know this is ahead of me just don't know when. Thanks for that link for the Willie Nelson album! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your vision is starting to come around nicely, Gypsy. Don't overdo it though - you're just about there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw Willy Nelson on Larry King the other night. Nice big motorhome he has for traveling. Pretty soon you will be reading the fine print on road maps again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOl Gypsy.. you make me smile. You write so well about your impatience and your wanting to get out out out. How are you gonna stay cooped up in an apartment for long? I forsee a different kind of RV travelling in your future, very soon!


    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Gypsy, Go! But not tooo fast now, but I think your on your way!!!

    ReplyDelete