Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 16, 2010

Not to worry

I re-read my blog entries from last year when I had cataract surgery, and I realize I am doing just about the same this year. I seemed to have moaned and groaned and complained for about a week!

I looked again at the post op instructions - one page said not to lift anything over 15 lbs; another page said no lifting over 20 pounds. My little granddaughter is 18, so I think I'm ok on that one no matter which page I'm on. Lifting the 36 pounder over the baby gate probably wasn't my smartest move, but I only did it one time so I'm not going to worry about it.

I need to go home soon but don't think I should drive myself, unless I can do it after commuter traffic is over with. I would go the back streets anyway, just to make sure. So thanks again to all who sent me good wishes for my recovery - I'm going to be fine in no time. The main worry about getting home is transporting the dog. She sheds so much that I wouldn't dream of putting her in anyone's vehicle except mine.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there Gypsy. I'm sure glad you're posting. We can follow along with your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are progressing normally. And I'm sure they would put up with the shedding long enough to get you guys home. Keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you were moaning and groaning last year about cataract surgery as well. That's the darn trouble with these blogs, we can't lie anymore about what we were doing - it's all there for the world to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do be careful and no more lifting for a few days,... ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing better today... I think the lifting restrictions are for bending way over, and hoisting something up that puts pressure on the eyes from that motion. Please be careful.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing:Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete