Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blurry Eyed

That's what I am right now, as I just put the drops in my eyes for the last time today. One solution is used 3x a day and the other is 4x a day, so I write it all down when I use them so I can keep track. In don't mind putting drops in my eyes, but getting used to this schedule is a big pain, and to add to the confusion, one solution is used in both eyes and the other in just one eye.

I finally broke down and got myself a very small propane grill this afternoon. I didn't want to do it because I love grilling over charcoal, but of course I can't have the flames when lighting up on my small patio. I'll appreciate not having to cook indoors when the weather gets hot. So far my apartment stays cold even when it's warm outside, so I have no idea what the summer will be like. Anything over 100F is sizzling, indoors or out! This apartment is oriented nicely to avoid the heat-of-the-day-sun, although the price I pay is not having enough daylight to suit me. Can't win.

The forecast for the next two days is heavy rain - in fact the equivalent of April's rain is supposed to fall in those two days. I hope my RV doesn't leak. If it isn't too bad in the morning I need to make another trip back for the vacuum cleaner, which I forgot to retrieve the last time I was there. I won't be able to lift it for several days after surgery, and my carpet is in great need of vacuuming. While I'm at it I can get the small propane cannisters to use with my new grill.

Mike came home from the hospital today. He could have stayed an extra day but says he'll feel better being up and about. He told me the hospital bed bothers his back the most, followed by sitting in a chair, so he wanted to get home where he has more room to move around.

I'm getting a little anxious about my own surgery. It's nothing out of the ordinary, just pre-op jitters, and it will probably be into high gear by Monday. I'll be glad when it is behind me. By the way, I wasn't hurt at all in my clumsy fall yesterday. No bruises and no pain except when I press on the area that hit the ground first. I know the answer to that - just don't press on it!

6 comments:

  1. Will be interested in hearing how the eye surgery goes. May be in that same situation myself in the next year or two. It is totally mind boggling what modern medicine can do these days & especially in the area of improved sight. After your eyes are all fixed up you may see the world in a whole different light...so to speak:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your surgery! I am sure you will just fine and amazed at how well you can see afterwards. My dad was so surprised when he had it done. He had been cleaning things he thought were dirty dingy white turned out to be clean as a whistle! It was like taking off amber colored sunglasses and seeing clear again!

    Glad you were not hurt in your fall--- perhaps you can transfer some stuff from inside the truck to the bed of the truck right before you pull into your parking spot? Then you can easily unload from the back bed without struggling between the bush and the curb?

    That is just crazy they made those spaces so close. Can they change your parking spot to another one?



    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your surgery! I'll be interested to get details since I'll be doing it in August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gypsy,

    I am trying this again to see if I can leave a message for you. Sorry to hear about your fall. Be careful. Love the outside of your new home. Pidge

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the surgery, I also may be facing it eventually. a few months ago when I had my eye exam results were early cataracts,... and i'm beginning to notice some off and on blurring. Hang onto those nerves and try not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for a successful surgery, and getting that episode of your life behind you!

    ReplyDelete