Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, April 5, 2010

The benefits of a good night's sleep

What a difference my new mattress and springs has made! I wake up in the morning feeling pretty good, no backache, and the best part is I sleep for longer periods of time during the night. I wonder how it can be firm and soft at the same time, but that's the way it seems and I am so glad I selected the one I did.

I meant to get over to the RV early but ended up not rushing and didn't go until about 11:00 am. It is an easy drive, and an interesting one to me. Sunrise Blvd. south of the freeway was mostly empty land when I lived here in the 1980's. It is just east of Mather AFB at which the Navy had a navigation school, and the AF trained pilots to fly the B-52's. Coming home from work I used to see those beautiful B-52's flying low into home base, and just marveled that anything that size could look so graceful in the air. It is like many large birds in that respect.

Then development came along and many homes and subdivisions were built in the area, followed of course by complaints about the air traffic and noise. I have mentioned this in a previous blog, and I apologize for the duplication to my long standing readers. When DOD's Base Realignment and Closure hit Mather, the local development really took off and now the entire area is built up with homes and businesses. Where my RV storage park is located has become sort of a spot for auto dismantlers and salvage, but not like the old junk yards of the past with rusting hulks in view. I'm sure they are behind fences and out of sight. There are businesses specializing in every conceivable make of vehicle, and you can go for the odd parts you might need or go to one of the Pick N Pull lots, where you can get the same thing much cheaper if you pull it yourself. The streets in the area are named "Dismantle Ct.", "Recycle Way", etc. The area certainly is NOT an eyesore, and I kind of enjoy driving through it to get to my storage.

I picked up some small electric appliances such as toaster oven and crock pot, as well as a lot of miscellaneous small items and my laundry. I stopped on the way home at Costco to buy a big box of Eggos since I now have a toaster, and I will be enjoying a couple of Eggos smeared with butter and jelly in the morning. I also found a corn broom so I am happy about that. I decided to forgo shopping for groceries, and do that in a separate trip. I'm trying to not overdo driving and the stress on my eyes, although I'm not sure it helps, hurts, or is completely inconsequential.

My oldest son (NY) is having back surgery on Thursday. He thought it would be some time next week around the same time as my eye surgery, but it is serious enough to do it right away and not wait. I feel so bad that I can't be there, and will feel relieved when we are both recovering nicely. He will have a much more difficult recuperation than I will though.

I think if tomorrow is sunny I will try to get down to the center of the Village and take some pictures. I didn't have my camera with me today or I would have gotten some good chicken & rooster pictures, plus shots of the Village itself. Hopefully I can post some photos soon.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are blending quite nicely into your surroundings Gypsy:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it time to change to Off the road again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to pics of chickens and roosters! I'm glad things are working out so well for you right now. I'll keep your son in my prayers for a successful surgery....you too, Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are getting all settled in and won't be long till all the stuff is moved over from the fiver. Hint.. take some good shots of your fiver once its all cleared out and you will have them for posting for sale on various lists if you wish.

    And GOOO EGGOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are getting all settled in and won't be long till all the stuff is moved over from the fiver. Hint.. take some good shots of your fiver once its all cleared out and you will have them for posting for sale on various lists if you wish.

    And GOOO EGGOS!

    ReplyDelete