Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why did the chicken cross the road?

This morning I was driving through the Village to do some grocery shopping and to have the pre-op prescriptions filled. As I turned into the main part of the Village I noted that a couple of oncoming cars were stopped, and since there is no traffic light there I figured they were waiting on a pedestrian. As I approached, I saw the rooster, ambling across the street, IN THE CROSSWALK! I laughed out loud, and knew for sure I am going to love this place.

I should have eaten a couple more Eggos before going grocery shopping. Whenever I buy brie cheese I know I'm too hungry to shop. The cheese and two kinds of potato chips, and I don't even snack very often, are a good indication of impulse buying. Speaking of Eggos, the box I bought last year contained 80 Eggos. This year's box contains only 60. I don't remember what I paid for 80, but I doubt I got a price break on 60.

Actually the brie was a good thing to buy. When Kathy visited me a couple weeks ago she brought me a bottle of California Riesling, my favorite wine. The brie, smeared on bakery french bread (of which I've already eaten a third of the loaf) will be great. I may be sampling the wine early today before I run out of french bread!

Barney commented on the title of my blog and wondered if it is time to change it. Actually I've been mulling this over in my mind for some time, but think I will wait a while, at least until I can come up with a suitable title. The song, "On the Road Again", reminds me of the man I've been secretly in love with for years--Willie Nelson, and I get a warm glow whenever I'm writing a blog entry. Maybe I can find another of his songs with a catchy title, but the only one that comes to mind right now is "Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses", and he sang that with Toby Keith, (who is probably my second love).

If I get back to take pictures in the Village this afternoon I'll post again; otherwise, see ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, gypsy,... your comments about Willie and Toby tell me we must be sisters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in TX, we say that the chicken crossed the road to show the armadillo that it could be done!

    Knowing how you love Georgia, I would think any of Willie's songs about it could make a new title!

    But we are used to you being on the road again, even if it is not travelin'. Once you get your eyes fixed, you will be doing some sightseeing, I am sure.
    Happy Tales, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find 470 of Willy's song titles here..... http://www.whosdatedwho.com/music/songs/willie-nelson.htm
    Good luck & good hunting:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took a "flying trip" across the country by car in 2004 and we had that CD with Toby and Willy singing Beer For My Horses. We played it over and over and over. Maybe 10 to 15 times in a row. It is just the BEST song!

    I'm so glad to read the Happiness in your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. I used to live in the country and was once late because I had to wait for the chickens belonging to my neighbour to cross the road!

    I think your blog title still works. The road doesn't have to be physical. And the life you love is still making 'music' with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that one of Willy's ex's tied him up in a bed sheet and beat him with a stick?? Now, that's a song that ol' Willy should have written and sung about!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gypsy,
    Please don't change your handle. No matter where you are your always on a road.

    ReplyDelete