Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pictures of the apartment

I finally found a bedskirt and took some photos of my bedroom. You can see a small alcove in back of the bed, which is where I have placed a desk. It holds a lot of desk and stationery supplies, but would be too dark for the computer. I've been working with the aircard and antenna on the front windowsill and it does fairly well there, so I think I will look for a small computer desk or table that will fit between the front wall and the couch. But back to the bedroom.






A couple of shots of the closet. The rod on each side is a bit longer than the rod of either side of the RV closet, so I have plenty of room to hang things. Also, there is good shelf space, and Jeannie assembled a storage cube where I have placed my shoes. There was enough pieces for a couple of cubes in the bathroom to hold towels.




Here are a couple of my helpers. I still have lots of boxes sitting around that need to be emptied and places found for everything, and the girls found a couple of them.





I will follow up with pictures of the living room and kitchen after I have emptied some of the boxes and disposed of all the empties I already have. Wow, what a mess!

I was able to get to the RV early before it started raining, and brought back my vacuum cleaner plus a lot of odds and ends. There is still quite a bit under the bed, plus books and such that I will need to find a bookcase for. I'm making as much progress as I can, and Jeannie has been a tremendous help. She came by with the girls and picked me up when I returned from the RV, and we shopped for the bedskirt and a few other items, and had lunch at Chipotle.

I will drive to Jeannie's on Tuesday morning with Lady, and Donald will take me to the eye clinic. Someone will pick me up about 3 hrs later and I will stay at Jeannie's for at least a day. I will get the bandages off the morning after surgery, and I can't remember how long it was last year before I could drive, but I will need to get home with the dog as soon as I can. The first couple of days were the worst and then it was very easy except for showering - no water anywhere near the eye. I was able to wash my hair by holding my head back and using the hand held showerhead in the RV, but I will have to hold a towel over my face here. The shower plus sleeping is all I remember about being difficult. You can't sleep on the side of the operative eye, and are instructed to wear an eye shield at night. I didn't wear it for many nights because the tape was so sticky and I felt like I was pulling my skin off when I took it off in the morning. I should just look for easy to remove surgical tape.

Tuesay can't get here too soon. I am ready to hang up my keys until this is over with, that's how bad it is to drive. Fortunately I don't get into traffic, and I drive with plenty of space all around me when I can.

10 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest helpers ever. You can't help but get nothing done with them around to play with. Lots of prayers being said for your surgery. Can hardly wait to hear how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking cozy!

    And your helpers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One way to get around having to sleep on your side is to doze out in a comfy recliner for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy: you are in all your followers thoughts--hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gypsy,

    Hope everything with surgery goes very well and you are able to drive again soon. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for an easy & successful surgery.
    Lots of hugs, too! Doug & JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes with the eye surgery, Gypsy, I'm sure you'll be back blogging in no time. Your bedroom looks nice and cozy. The helpers you had are the cutest I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your HELPERS... how cute is that?

    Good luck with your eye surgery and hope you will be fit as a fiddle and seeing like an owl soon!


    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope all goes well tomorrow. My thoughts will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice looking arrangement you have, and your girls are adorable! I'm not a praying person, but I'm wishing you all kinds of good luck with the eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete