Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 2, 2010

Waiting for bedtime!

Although it didn't get here as early as I would have preferred, the bed finally arrived and is waiting to provide me a good night's rest. After making it all up with clean mattress pad, sheets and pillowcases I realize I will need a bedskirt, one thing I didn't save from when I had a house. Of course none is needed for an RV bed. But I'm happy with the way the bed looks now and will hope I'm happy with the comfort and support of it tonight.

I knew I had enough time before the delivery so I made a quick trip to the RV to pick up a load of clothes and miscellaneous items. It's really incredible how much a good sized RV holds, and now I have to move it all and figure out what to do with it. Jeannie drove over after she got off work and paid for the RV storage at a lot near here. It is much less than the first place I looked at, and although it doesn't have electric it would probably be better to use the generator once in a while. They said minor work can be done on premises but nothing major. They also have an area where you can wash the rig, which will be handy. I'm going to meet Steve tomorrow morning and he will hitch the rig and drive to the storage and drop it off. I'm glad it will be morning because my eyesight is always better early in the day. I will get some groceries on my way home and then probably stay home the rest of the day.

Jeannie took me shopping after dealing with the storage rental, and I got several small housekeeping items for the apartment. I looked two different places and couldn't find a corn broom, the only kind I like to use. I'll see if the grocery store has them tomorrow. The apartment is starting to look and feel like home, and so far everyone I met here is very nice and friendly. The management is super. But I have to find a different place to park this big old truck! It is conveniently right in front of my apartment, but so difficult to get in and out of the space I would prefer to walk a ways for an easier parking job. By the way, the 2 young guys who delivered the bed set were way impressed with my truck. They could hardly believe it belonged to me. I asked them, "You don't believe a granny can drive a truck like that?", and their big smiles told me that is exactly what they were thinking. Oh well, they aren't the first and they won't be the last.

Thanks for all the good wishes from readers. I appreciate each and every comment. Thanks to Dee for sharing her experience with a similar eye condition - it got me to call the doctor's office; the desk person asked one of the doctors who said I should just come in on my scheduled surgery day. I'm going to try to take it easy (haha) until then.

6 comments:

  1. I like it when us "old folks" can surprise those young'uns. Glad the mattress finally arrived. Sweet dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya should have told them that was your little truck that you drive around town, but that the apartment folks would let you park your big truck in the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are working out for you, despite the snag about bed delivery. I'll bet some of the stress is already falling away..... Enjoy "nesting"... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you got moved in to your apartment and are getting it set up! I can't wait till we're in our own place. Lots of work ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree getting out of the truck, people turn heads. At the rest stop when I got out there were several that asked if I drive a lot. I don't, but I didn't tell them that. I will be driving more though now that we've had the class. What fun! Good luck in selling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the bed finally arrived. Looks like you're all set now to just finish up with the move and get completely settled into your new home. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete