Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My computer

In the last week I have noticed that I hear a fast clicking sound when I turn on my computer, so I called the Apple Store to make an appointment.  Except that like every other thing you want to do, you can't talk to a live person - you do it online.  Thursday morning I will be taking my Mac in to the store and hope it is an easy and inexpensive fix.  If it is a costly one, then I may just do without a laptop until I save the money for a new Macbook Pro.  At home I can always use my I-Mac except it is so tedious to get the cursor across the entire screen which is about 23" diagonally.

I added the updates that are available (except for the new Yosemite operating system).  I looked at the details of the new system and the screen turned me off right away, so forget that.  A page of available games appeared on my screen and I know any readers who are farmers would be amused - there is one called "Farming Simulation", which I guess is a way to be a farmer without having to get up before dawn, or go out in the cold, or ride a tractor, or doctor sick animals, or worry about rain or shine or yields.  I'm not a farmer myself, but have spent time on my grandparents' farm as a kid, and while I loved it I really didn't have to do any of the dirty work!

I did get up before dawn though to help with the milking.  They gave me my own cow to milk and more milk ended up on my legs than in the pail.  Of course this was before machines did the work, and I think if I had a milk cow today I would do it the old-fashioned way!

I figured out a good possible route to Dinosaur National Monument, taking me on a route past some free BLM campgrounds.  If they aren't to my satisfaction or if the weather is bad, there are motels not too far in case I have to stay at one.

I've printed out some good info for the first part of the trip, and as they say, it's written in jello.  I have so many things to do before I even start to pack.  I'm writing them down as I think of them, but unfortunately I don't have the list handy when something else comes to mind, so I write it on a new piece of paper, and thus I have 4 or 5 lists floating around!

Can I get organized in the next 2 or 3 weeks?   I'm not sure. 


5 comments:

  1. Even though your trip plans are printed in jello, you should still make some sort of plan, even if you don't follow it. A rough outline of what you want to do and see and where you want to visit on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those games that everyone play are crazy and not for me. And the constant invites to play drive me up a wall. Who has that much time?

    You sound like me with the list stuff. So every now and then I gather them up and fix one list and cross off the things I added to the main list. Now I'm saying this always works either. But I'm sure will be all ready to go right on time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your computer problems get resolved easily. I'd miss you if you were off line. I know you will have fun these next weeks getting ready for your trip. I can hear how excited you are for it. I would be too if I have to stop this traveling life that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, knowing you, I bet you can do it in 2 hours as well as in 2 weeks! You are so well-thought-out and organized when it comes to travelling. You are going to have a great time!
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not even sure what it means to get organized:( My better half insists that I have never been. So my thinking is- why start now:)

    ReplyDelete