Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Doctors, dear ex'es, and dogs

My visit to the doctor went well - it was a follow up to determine whether or not I have high BP.  I had monitored it and kept a chart for several weeks, and it has been great.  I had the most satisfaction telling him that I was taking no Rx medications, just a few supplements such as fish oil, probiotics, etc., and that I haven't felt this good in years.  Of course the allergy season is upon us and it is not going to let me off the hook, but I'm going to try natural remedies if it gets to that point.

Today is the anniversary of the death of my ex-husband (and father of my four kids).  Jeannie and Donald invited me over this evening - first we will go to the gym and then come back for a supper of Cincinnati Chili, which was Bill's favorite.  Of course we'll have to raise a glass to the old man as well.   Joe and Steve are invited also, but it might be a little late for Joe's kids since they have school in the morning; Jeannie's kids have school too but they can just roll into bed when everyone leaves.

I just read a blog post that leaves tears running down my face and love in my heart, and it's about the dog.  I know a lot of dog lovers read my blog, and I would encourage you to take a look at this post.

http://www.brucecarolcabin.blogspot.com/2015/03/tribute-to-dog-by-george-graham-vest.html 

I think I'll go clean out the back of my car.  I'm having it serviced tomorrow and think I will just go from there to the car wash, if I have enough money left to pay for a wash.

6 comments:

  1. It is great that you are in such good physical shape. That exercise works, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I love Cincinnati chili. When we left Cincinnati we were concerned it would be one of our favorite meals from the past. Then we found out you can order packets of the mix through the mail. Hooray!!!! We now enjoy it often out here in the mountains. Glad that your BP is stable. Also thank you for referencing our blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me cry too. How they do love us, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great follow up at the Dr. Thanks for the blog site too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the great check-up. I do not think I will be as lucky as you. I have had to track my BP for a month and it's not too good.

    You are a better person than I...toasting an ex will probably never come to pass in my life but then again it is different when they are the father of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are off all your meds.. .docs don't always want to hear that. I know as I weaned off more and more of mine, especially the steroids, the doc was ticked at me. But I felt better and better the more I went without them.
    I can't read that dog story.. I started to but I can't too emotional. Maybe later. I will save the link.
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete