Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Walking Wounded!

I'm not too much the worse for wear since yesterday's fall.  My arm looks pretty bad but it hasn't hurt and I think I'll leave the bandage off at least until I go to bed tonight.  I haven't had the nerve to unwrap the knee, as it probably looks pretty mean as well.  It doesn't hurt although I detect a slight stiffness if I've been sitting for a while.

Today has been another beautiful day, getting up to 65 degrees.  Tomorrow will begin a long run of days in the 70's.  I did one load of laundry today but dried it in the dryer at the laundry bldg.  I think tomorrow I will hang sheets and towels on the line!

I've been assessing what I will have to do in each of my rooms for the guys to be able to install new windows.  It means moving a lot of furniture and other items around, but I'll just take one thing at a time.  I hope Steve can get over to take the measurements so we can get the windows soon.  Things never move as fast as I'd like them to, but if I want fast and right away I would have to pay about 3x what it will probably cost me to have family do it.  I hope I live long enough to enjoy the beautiful new windows without those awful cranks, and with screens that fit and can be removed easily for washing.  In order to wash the screens on these huge jalousie windows I currently have, I would have to remove the remaining window cranks (many of them were missing when I moved in) to get the screens out.  I would probably never get the cranks to work again and couldn't open or close the windows.

I'm sure it would be easier to move into a small apartment!

8 comments:

  1. It is great that you have someone who will come and fix things for you, even if you have to wait until they are free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always a wait, and then more wait while they coordinate their free time! I wasn't this patient when I was young, but then I had the money to pay for having work done!

      Delete
  2. I know how hard the waiting is but like you I can't afford to pay someone either. At least you guys are handy, even if I could get mine here they really don't know how to do much and certainly not install windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My middle son is incredibly good with that kind of work, plus electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, and more. He is an executive with a company that is connected with distributing organic and healthy foods, so he's pretty well rounded. But with his travel for work, a wife and two kids (including the new baby), his time is really stretched.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear your fall doesn't seem to have done any serious damage. Love sheets and towels dried on the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both cuts look like they are healing well, but I felt my knee every time I moved during the night.

      Delete
  4. I am catching up on your blog, sorry to hear about your fall.

    A fall is a fall no matter at watch age it happens. Mine seem to take place out in the yard where if needed I can at least yell for help and hope the neighbors hear me.

    You just reminded me of another dreaded chore...laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a load out of the washer and the lid fell on my hand. I have a small bruise on my middle finger, but otherwise no damage. I'm getting nervous about all my recent accidents!

      Delete