Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Still around not doing much

I spent most of the afternoon with my daughter, going to the gym, Target, and Costco.  I looked at Target for some slouchy socks that won't leave deep ridges in my right leg, but of course couldn't find any.  I haven't seen anything that I am looking for online either, so I'll have to try a specialty store, as soon as I figure out what kind of specialty I need.

I had a steak and spinach for dinner - lots of spinach, and I hope I gained a tiny bit of iron.  But dessert has been Girl Scout cookies - peanut butter patties.  There is nothing more delicious!

After spraying yesterday for grass and weeds, it rained for a few minutes in the evening, and then today on a couple of occasions.   Some of the sprayed area had already started to turn brown a short time after application of the vinegar/salt solution.  I need to get more vinegar since we will probably have to spray at least once or twice more.

I didn't take a nap today and am hoping I can get to sleep early this evening.  I may even leave the kitchen cleanup until tomorrow morning!  There really isn't much to do.

 

7 comments:

  1. The wind was so bad already by 11:30 my daughter and I called it quits for our outing and came home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can take nearly any kind of bad weather except for heavy winds. We've had pretty calm weather for a while, but there were times when I was sure my roof would lift up and fly away!

      Delete
  2. Our winds are close to 40 mph today. They just blow my energy away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Ireland for 3 yrs, at the end of a peninsula so I was surrounded by water on 3 sides. We had gale force winds almost constantly, and believe it or not, they increased my energy. Now I don't get the same reaction, and like you, feel depleted.

      Delete
  3. Nothing going on here either but windy days and coughing. Guess if it's windy and I can't be at the beach or kayak then being sick isn't quite as bad. Although I don't know I'm getting pretty sick of being sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know what you mean. At first you don't feel like doing anything but then you get pretty tired of sitting around feeling bad. I hope you and David are well enough soon to continue your non-stop search of fun and excitement! It's much more difficult for an active person to deal with down days.

      Delete
  4. Try Tuesday Morning for slouchy socks. The usually carry a lot of socks for diabetics. Very comfortable even if we're not diabetic.

    ReplyDelete