Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Still here!

I just looked out the window to the most gorgeous sunset - too pretty for me to be able to get a decent photo of.  

I met Jeannie and Ara at the gym.  I sure didn't feel like even getting out of bed today, so the gym was the only thing that motivated me to get dressed.   I'm desperate so I went to the pharmacy at Bel Air after working out and bought some iron pills as the Dr. had suggested I take.  I will try them for at least a week and see how I feel by then.

Speaking of the Dr., she has never let me know the results of the heart monitor, but then I already know and would be surprised if there is anything worth worrying about.

The traffic lately has really been bad, and at almost all times of the day.  I can only try to stay calm and not let it bother me, but I'm glad I don't drive as often or as far as I used to.

One of these days I will have something to write about besides how tired I am.  I compared notes with Jeannie about how she felt when her thyroid problems were first diagnosed, and how old she was.  It was probably around the time she was 18, and she said she has really never felt great in all those years.  I feel so bad that I had no clue, but I've always been so healthy it just didn't register with me how bad it is to be unhealthy.  On top of her thyroid, she was diagnosed with Type I diabetes, and I don't know how she deals with it all.  She puts me to shame!

No more health stuff, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. You may need to take them for longer than a week to see any results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are 100 pills in the bottle. I am not a very patient person when it comes to seeing results from pills or medications.

      Delete
  2. Being anemic will certainly make you feel tired. I went down that road for eight years, until I had surgery to take care of the problem. I remember having to take numerous breaks to rest in order to walk less than a block to the grocery store. I also remember being so cold I actually hurt. I think anemia entered there, too. Blood transfusions and humongous iron shots were what my doctor ordered. Pills would not handle it. I do hope they help you!
    I agree with you that Jeannie does a tremendous job of handling her health issues. My sister was diagnosed with Type I when she was 12. Not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked again at my test results, and while I am anemic, it's not "off the chart" anemic. Type 1 diabetes is a curse to anyone who has it, especially when it's diagnosed at a young age when you shouldn't have to be dealing with things like that.

      Delete
  3. After having tge inconvenience of that monitor I would sure want to know the results. Our bodies definitely change ad we get older. They seem to become a lot more trouble. Hope that iron helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did think the monitor was going to find something leading to what is wrong with me, so I really don't care if they tell me the results are negative or not. I always thought it was a stupid unnecessary think to do, but you sometimes have to humor the doctor!

      Delete
  4. I wish I had something that motivated me like the gym does you. The doctor told my mother to buy iron pills for children, I got her "Flinstones with Iron". Her last lab work showed improvement, hope yours does too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason the gym is the only thing that motivates me. Maybe it's because I like to look at all those guys with big bulging arms and shoulders! I've taken 2 iron pills so far, yesterday and this morning, and we'll see if I can feel any difference in the next few weeks. There are 100 tablets and if I don't notice an improvement in three months (or 100 days) then I won't bother with them.

      Delete