Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Now I've Done it!

I drove my car to pick up Ara for the gym trip this evening and must have dropped my glasses in the door frame and closed the door.  They are all bent out of shape, and first thing tomorrow I need to see if they can straighten them or, or put the lenses into a different frame.  When I picked my current frames out we discovered that they were the same ones I had the time before.  I don't know why I selected them because I really don't care all that much for them.  They are titanium which is lightweight and unobtrusive.  Maybe next time I'll get something a little more gaudy!

Most of the kids chose Straw Hat Pizza for our dinner together.  I think either place would have been acceptable (the other was Spaghetti Factory).  

I decided to drink my last bottle of beer that has been in the fridge all by itself for over a month!  It will still be good, but now I have to buy more.  The weather hasn't been hot yet which is usually why I like to have one at home in the evening.

These glasses are going to give me a headache before long, so I will probably go to bed early tonight.

 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your glasses. Luckily I only need them for reading and the eye Dr. told me to go buy them off the shelf.

    Spaghetti Factory! When I first moved to Tucson over 40+ yrs ago they had one, we ate there once and then it was gone. Don't know what happened as it was packed every time we passed and the one time we ate there we had to wait for a table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one I ate at was in Cincinnati, while on the shopping trip to buy my oldest his new clothes for kindergarten! He asked me if we could eat there again when we came downtown shopping for his 1st grade clothes. Whoa, boy. One year at a time.

      Delete
  2. Glasses are such a bother and so easy to lose, bend, break but if you need them, they are a real blessing. Hope they can fix yours. Being from Dayton, you'd think I'd have heard of spaghetti factory if Cincinnati had one. I just realized I don't think we ever went to Cincinnati. To say my parents didn't travel is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Spaghetti Factory had only recently opened when we went there, which would have been in 1976 or or 7. We never traveled to Dayton until I was an adult, and my Dad took a couple of my brothers and me to the airport in Dayton to pick up my brother who had just returned from Vietnam. I doubt if I've ever seen the "downtown" part of it.

      Delete
  3. I hope you can get your glasses fixed. Do you have some old ones you can used for now?

    In Houston we had The Spaghetti Warehouse and it was fabulous! Now I am hungry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my last pair, and the frames were exactly like the ones I damaged. I went to Walmart Optical and decided to just wear the old ones since there wasn't a whole lot of difference in the prescription. I spent about 15 min. walking around the store and started to get a slight headache, and didn't think I could see as well, so I went back to Optical and had them put my latest lenses in the old frames. It will work until about July when I will get new glasses.

      Delete