Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 27, 2017

I'm not getting any better

If I don't have to go anywhere in the morning I usually eat breakfast and then go back to bed for a while, and I did that this morning.  My sleep patterns are still on the old time and I haven't been able to set my internal clock up an hour.

I took my computer and a crossword puzzle book and set them on the bed in case I felt like staying awake, but the sun shining in through my bedroom window makes it impossible to see the computer screen or to read anything else for that matter.

I got a text from Jeannie asking if Ara and I wanted to go to the gym.  I figured that since I definitely did not feel like going to the gym, this was exactly what I needed to do, so I joined them about an hour later.  I'm doing very light workouts lately - I may have mentioned this - I used to try to work up to a heavier weight setting each week, but now I just set it on the lightest setting and it's a lot easier on me.

I see the cardiologist on Tuesday afternoon and I'll find out about the results of the heart monitor.  I got a notice that the results were online, but when I checked it said something about not being able to show them.  It is a system for text and not for charts or graphs, which doesn't surprise me.  Since I doubt they found anything I have been content to wait until I see the doctor.  I really wish it was the other way around and I was seeing the thyroid doctor on Tuesday, as I think that is where most of my problems lie.  

One of these days I'm going to have to hire Merry Maids to come in and clean my house for me, although I'd feel like I would need to clean before I even let the Merry Maids in, that's how bad it has become.  And the scariest part is that I really don't care!

It is raining again and I can say I am so sick and tired of hearing the rain hit the roof and drip off the awnings, etc.  I looked out at the side yard and more huge green weeds have popped up!  So discouraging.

I want to thank everyone who has sent condolences on the death of my nephew.  I don't think the reality of what happened has sunk in yet.  



 

9 comments:

  1. That's what I always said about having someone clean for me. I'd have to clean up first not to be embarrassed. So I'd clean but then I never called them. Interested to hear the results of your monitor but it really does seem like the thyroid visit should be sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even care about the results of the monitor and would be willing to bet it didn't show anything. I've known I have an irregular heartbeat since I was a child, so that is no news.

      I don't want to wish time to speed up because it goes way faster than I like as it is, but I do want to see about the thyroid.

      Delete
  2. The thyroid can cause all sorts of problems. Both my wife and I are on thyroid medications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the source of most of my problems. I know heart can be a factor though, so I might as well just see what they have to say.

      Delete
  3. It is hard to lose the young ones. My nephew drowned some years ago in the Lake of the Ozarks at the age of 18. He was an excellent swimmer. Life goes on, but I am sure my brother still has the scar.

    I'm expecting good test results for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. Age 18 is still a child, when you think of it. You are right - the scar would never go away from the parents.

      Delete
  4. I finally hd to hire a house cleaner and it is worth every penny! Let someone come in and brighten things around you and I guarantee you will feel more energized. My husband and I gave up eating out to make up the cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an excellent idea. I still would need to get rid of the clutter, but it would be worth it to have a clean house.

      Delete
  5. Yes, let go of worry about the housekeeper. Have them come, a clean house will lift your spirits.
    I think being down a little, and then your nephews death really was a sucker punch for you. Yes, you need to grieve, but treat yourself well during your mourning.
    #1 thing is get out and go to your gym. Just do it.

    ReplyDelete