Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Not a busy day!

I returned the skinny legged pants to Costco and then bought a pair of shorts for summer.  I suppose we will have a summer one of these days.  I have my capris and tank tops ready to pull out of the drawer on a hot day.  I tried the shorts on and they fit, but I have to say I look like such a dork in shorts!  When it gets hot enough to wear them I won't care what anyone thinks I look like.

I think I mentioned previously that I really dislike avocados.  I've been trying to eat one a day and find that my salad dressing makes them so much more palatable.  I forget why I'm eating them - maybe they contain iron?  I know they are supposedly very good for you.

I had decided I would play hooky from the gym today and forget the walk.  Ara texted me when she got home from work and asked if I wanted to go to the gym, so we spent about a half-hour on cardio.

You can see there is nothing exciting in my days lately, but I'm still breathing and that's good!

7 comments:

  1. I could care less what people thing about the way I look when we are in triple digits. Of course I wouldn't go shopping in them but around the house is fine. I seldom go shopping in the heat of the day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets so hot in Sac during the summer that you see people dressed in clothing you'd never see in the midwest or east.

      Delete
  2. As I kid I disliked avocados too because I hated all green vegetables. When I got older we went to a party and I probably ate about 90 percent of some fantastic guacamole dip. Would you believe I had no idea guacamole came from avocados? Lol, what a dork I was!!!

    Are you eating the avocados because they are high on good cholesterol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the only reason I eat them, and I'm not so concerned about "bad" cholesterol. Your liver makes your LDL to do tissue repair. If it is elevated in a blood lipid panel, say over 160, then you need to be asking yourself what you may have done to create the cellular damage that is requiring extra LDL for repair.

      Delete
  3. I love avocados. Had never eaten them until I was 50 years old. At first I was not sure but the taste grew on me.
    Different climate, different needs...I just bought enoughnyarn yesterday to knit 2 pairs of long pants for myself. Love to wear them in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried avocados from time to time but just never cared much for them. I eat them because they are nutritionally good, healthy fats, etc.

      I'd rather be wearing long pants throughout most of the year than shorts, but like you say, different climate, differend needs.

      Delete
  4. LOL at your last line. Yes breathing is good for sure. So nice to have someone give you a little nudge to exercise. Wish I had that. I have to be the nudger around here.

    ReplyDelete