Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 13, 2017

Relaxing Day

I nearly forgot about the time change.  I really detest it.  I still have two clocks to update.

The only thing I did today was to go to the gym with Jeannie & Ara.  We all sort of go our own way through the exercise routine we like, and then meet up afterward to use the hydromassage beds and massage reclining chairs.  I don't like the chairs - feels like rocks  on my spine, but I love the hydromassage.  

I found that I just couldn't keep up with my normal level of exercise, which isn't all that strenuous to begin with, so I just did what I could today.  It was enough to be able to feel it in my muscles, and I know when I've had enough.  I went out to the front desk area and sat at one of the tables out there - just "people watched" until my girls were finished.

I was ravenous when I got home - the time change had me missing my lunch - and I enjoyed a wild Alaskan salmon burger, beets, and cooked mixed greens (kale & chard).  I thought I would have some of the beets and greens left over for a snack tomorrow, but I went back and ate every last bit of it!

I hope we can all get a good night's sleep tonight - I just looked at the clock and then translated it to what it would have been yesterday, and it's way to early to be going to bed.  Darn, I hate this and from what I understand a lot of people dislike it.  Why don't we have a say in the matter?

6 comments:

  1. As you know, I REALLY HATE this time change and research has proven it isn't good for us. I heard that several of the TV networks did reports on the medical research showing adverse medical effects like an increase in strokes, heart attacks, accidents and suicides. This is just SO stupid. Why do we keep doing it? Because the people aren't up in arms and all over their congress people about changing it is why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be up to the states to decide if they change the time in certain localities. When I was a kid visiting my grandparents farm in Western KY, the countiies in that part of KY changed during the summer, along with some in Indiana. It was because during the farming season they needed the extra daykligyht, and nobody ever complained. But to force everyone in the US to accept it, and to even extend the number of hours way beyond what the farmers needed, is ludicrous. I think more and more people are complaining, but Congress doesn't listen to what people say, unless corporations (who they say are people) complain also.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great lunch after the workout:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised I had the energy to fix it!

      Delete
  3. When I worked everything counted in time zones, it drove me crazy every time it changed. I had heard many years ago AZ was going to follow CA. but it quickly got beat down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time it did not affect me but when I worked I hated it! I know Arizona and Hawaii do not have it, smart states!

    ReplyDelete