Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 10, 2017

All Wired Up!

After my walk at the gym this morning I went to Costco, mainly to get more vinegar to treat the weeds and grass.  I was back in the produce section with healthy fruit in my cart, when I got a call from UCD Medical scheduling.  They wanted me to come in to get a heart monitor "installed" on my person.  I made arrangements and then went to checkout, half sorry I had only had time to pick up healthy stuff and no sweet treats!

As soon as I got home I received another call from UCD Med Scheduling making an appointment for me to see a cardiologist near the end of March.  She is located at one of the nearby clinics, near where Jeannie lives, which is much better than going to their main location.  Jeannie has already said she would go with me.

I had written my doctor asking to cancel the request to see a cardio, but she wrote me back and said she wanted me to make an appointment as well as to wear the monitor for 24 hrs.  I decided if I wanted to spend more years watching my grandchildren grow then I might want to see what my choices are.  

I've worn one of these monitors several years ago on two occasions but this one takes the prize.  I have never seen so many wires!  I should be lighting up like a Christmas tree.  But as before, when I put one of these things on I had no palpitations for the entire 24 hrs.

Have a good weekend.  I'm going to try, although the next 24 hrs is certainly a bust.

 

5 comments:

  1. David gad to wear one of those and said it wasn't so bad. I forget what they were looking for but he didn't have it. Hope rhe time goes wuickly. Wat better than going into the hospital fir them to wire you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get to take this thing off and look back at the past 24 hrs with it, I will probably say it isn't too bad. Right now I think it is a PITA!

      Delete
  2. "I had no idea growing older was so frustrating". Well I sure know what you mean by that statement alright. Frustrating may be putting it mildly. Some days it's downright infuriating. I get frustrated with myself for simply getting frustrated. Then I get even more frustrated with myself for getting so frustrated with myself in the first place. Oh it's a never ending circle this aging thing!!

    ReplyDelete