Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Pizza & Beer!

It is real relief to get that monitor off and bagged up to take back on Monday.  I didn't get a very good night's sleep but that may or may not be due to wearing the monitor.  I got up for about an hour and turned on my computer during the middle of the night.

I didn't get much at the market this morning but did find the yellow beets.  A man who was also buying some told me he roasted the ones he bought last week.  I have a bunch of about 6, so I might try roasting a couple of them in the oven.  Would you peel them first or leave the skins on until cooked?  They are right out of the ground and not spic & span and sterilized like the stuff you buy in the grocery.  

I didn't buy eggs at market this morning, but I got another one with a double-yolk for my breakfast.  Part of my breakfast I should say, as I'm enjoying strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, and a handful of walnuts topped with whipped cream for starters.  Then the egg sandwich.  I will definitely buy another dozen next week, and in the meantime I will try to use most of the box I bought at Costco this past week.

Last week at Costco I bought a pair of cropped, skinny leg jeans.  I loved the color and was going to wear them out for pizza & beer with Jeannie & family this evening, but wearing them for about 5 minutes told me I no longer have skinny legs.  I guess the walking has done a good job.  I loved the way they looked though.  The hang tag showed a skinny woman wearing them with a pair of high spiked heels!  I can't maintain my balance in flat shoes these days!  I used to wear those high heels to work for years and walked all over downtown on my lunch hour in them - no problems - but no more.

I need to make an appointment to re-visit the dentist for adjustment to the denture.  They feel fine until I start to eat, and other than asthetics, that's the reason I need them.  I am SOOOO sick and tired aready of visiting medical and dental folks.

I tried to pull up some of the crabgrass that Steve sprayed last week - the ground is still soft enough they come up fairly easily.  I can't stoop over like that for long as I get dizzy and feel like I'm losing my balance when I stand up straight.   I don't know what I'm going to do about the lot inspection coming up.

I had no idea growing older was so frustrating.  When my Mom was about a year older than I am now, she moved to the east (N. Virginia & Maryland) to live with my sister and her husband.  I told her I would drive a U-Haul from CA to VA with her belongings, and the family packed it all up one day.  When I saw the size of that truck, plus there was a tow bar to take her car back as well, I didn't think I could do it.  But after about 15 min. on the road I realized I would be fine.  When I stopped in Utah for the night I heard about Princess Diana.  That was some trip, and like pulling an RV, much easier in the west, and becoming more difficult the closer you get to the east coast.  I think I could do it again if I had to, and I didn't even have a cell phone!!!

12 comments:

  1. I always roast my beets! Give them a good scrub, cut off the tops, and the root - place in a baking dish. Once the beet is cooked (check just like a baked potato - with a fork or knife poked into it), the skin slips right off. So yummy!
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty simple, and I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  2. Never thought about roasting beets, might have to try that next time I find them at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about it either until the man at the market mentioned it. I'm going to try it within the next day or so.

      Delete
  3. Roasted beets sound good to me, especially if you wrap them with bacon (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrapping the beets in bacon sounds really good. I never buy bacon because I don't eat it often enough, so I'd have to cadge a slice or two from my son-in-law.

      Delete
  4. I have a recipe for roasting beets, sweet potatoes and a red onion together. It is very yummy. Beets and sweet potatoes get peeled before roasting. Beets peel easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good. I'm going to eventually try different ways to prepare them. They are so sweet and absolutely delicious any way you fix them.

      Delete
  5. Having just entered a new decade, I get the getting old thing:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier on the entry side of a decade, than the middle to the end of it!

      Delete
  6. Don't know how you can eat so many eggs and not have your arteries clogged. Sure would like to see you in your skinny jeans. YUM Pizza, you can keep the beer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always eaten what I like, and every decade or so the nutrition gurus declare something else to be the food to be avoided. I normally don't eat as many eggs as I've been doing, but I'm trying to raise my cholesterol and gain weight. A doctor would never tell me how to raise cholesterol, so I make it up as I go along!

      Delete