Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 24, 2017

I Get the Blues When it Rais!

Does anyone remember that song?  I was listening to the unending rain falling on my house and in the street and it came to my mind, because I sure am about to get the blues!

I had planned to go outside and take pictures of what one day of rain does to all my hard work (plus my son's hard work), but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've spent a lot of time today watching (or rather listening) to YouTube videos.  Not the short ones that tell you how to lose 10# in 1 day, or the ones that are titled "Ten foods you should absolutely never eat", etc.  I've been listening to David Paulides who has written a number of books about persons missing from the National Parks, and the non-cooperation of the NPS to try to find solutions.  There are hundreds (probably thousands by now) of missing people, many of them small children, whose disappearance has never been explained, and if a body is found it is usually draped over a log where hundreds of searchers have already traveled over and over.

I even listened to a little bit of bad alien stuff; there are so many credible people who can talk about this, but some of them are really off the wall.  I started to turn one video off but decided I should try to keep my mind open just a little bit, so I listened.  At least these things take my mind off US and world politics, although it might be hard to say which is the strangest or worst!

So that's been my day - mind numbing info plus eating everything I can get my hands on.  For all I'm eating I don't think I'm putting on the weight I probably should.  I will eventually "eat myself out of house and home" as the old saying goes.

6 comments:

  1. Here I am again so envious of your ability to eat and eat and not gain. I love rain, I love to walk in rain if it isn't too powerful, I love to hear it on my roof, it is just soothing to me. That said, days of rain have the same depressing effect for me. Not sure how people live in London or the PNW. I really must have sunshine for a smile on my face although there too, 90+ degrees of sunshine can be quite irritating. Guess I just don't like extremes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I left for my backpack trip on the Appalachian Trail in 1997, I weighed 135 - my normal weight. I lost 20 pounds in 3 months but gained it back. I don't know what happened, but I struggle to stay over 120 now. That is not normal, and nothing to be envious of.

    I don't think the rain would bother me at all if it wasn't that I know I have to pull the damn weeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had gale force winds for days with no rain and are under a Red Flag Warning for fire. We had a fire down by the river close by a few days ago, but they were able to catch it early and put it out. It would be a great relief to get some of your rain, but last night it passed us by.

      Delete
    2. This is going to go down as an exceptional year, isn't it. I'm ready for things to be normal, but wonder if this is the "new normal".

      Delete
  3. I too read Paulides last fall - new information for sure Just checked out Mary Karr's memoir to read. Enjoyed her "Liar's Club last week, easy read and funny. Enjoying Pete Hamill's "Forever" this week. Weather affects me greatly too. I'm ever so grateful for sunny days. Seems that every nibble I enjoy makes me gain another pound; certainly the sweet stuff, Ah yummy, those No-Bake cookies with milk. LOL Think I'll have another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyesight has deteriorated over the past year or so and I haven't yet bought Paulides' last two books. I might try another one soon. Wish they were in large print.

      Delete