Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, March 6, 2017

Hungry!

I can't seem to get enough to eat today, and I've  been at it all day long.  I've eaten way more than what I usually do, and it's still early!  But I can't figure out where the energy in the food (calories) I've been eating is going if I don't gain weight.  I guess as long as I don't lose it.  I had steak last night, and I have to face it, I really don't care for steak.  It is tolerable and I'm hoping to benefit from the iron in it, but I just don't like it.  This evening I had baked beer-battered cod and it was delicious.  That is more my preference with lots of protein, but right now I'm trying to eat iron-rich foods.

I need to go back to Costco tomorrow or the next day to  buy more vinegar for the weeds.  I was there last night with Jeannie, but she went to see what kind of cell phone plan she can change over to, and I mostly sat on a comfortable outdoor couch and watched all the people going by.

Speaking of cell phones, what is the matter with most people who walk around with one in their hand?  I was going to turn into the driveway of the center where the gym is located, and a man & woman were standing on the sidewalk right in the middle of the arrow indicating "In", for vehicles of course.  The man moved, but the woman was so engrossed in looking at her phone she just stood in the middle of the drive.   I can't imagine how much further it will go until the whole thing implodes.  People can't go on like that - for one thing many of them are in potentially dangerous situations by not paying attention to what is going on around them.  And no matter how many laws have been passed outlawing their use by drivers in a moving vehicle, don't you know there are probably huge numbers of people who still do it.

Today was supposed to be rainy, but any showers that fell didn't last more than a minute or two.  The next two days look good, but who knows what will actually be.  I don't think they can forecast more than 24 hours at a time!  Evidently the really bad weather is going to bypass California, but we'll see.

We should all take heart as spring is just around the corner!

 

7 comments:

  1. Nancy1340 posted a comment with a suggestion that I try Tuesday Morning for stretchy socks. I will do that the next time I get over in that direction. I think I may pass it on my way home from my hairdresser, so I'll try to remember to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cell phones are a real problem and no one seems to understand how they are endangering others or themselves.

    Maybe the rain is over for a while. Enjoy the sun shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really getting tired of being with people who are always looking at their phones, too distracted to even talk. There is no real social contact any more when people have their noses stuck in their phones. I have fantasies sometimes of whatever makes cell phones work jut blowing up and destroying the entire system! (The system, not the people using them. Their phones would just go dead permanently. YAY!)

      Delete
  3. There really is no actual personal contact anymore. People don't send letters, they email and now they don't even do that. It's all Facebook. Wonder what they would all do if the electricity went out for a week and they couldn't charge their phones. An interruption in the power grid might well bring this country to its knees. What if the idioinchief couldn't tweet? What that be a national emergency?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could lose my electricity and survive without most of the conveniences. Our power went out totally yesterday for close to 2 hours. I had water, but couldn't open the fridge. I took a nap! But we'd all be in serious trouble if the power grid went down for any length of time. I could get along without a phone or internet, but it would wreak havoc with keeping foods from spoiling. And the government or utilities couldn't communicate with us if there was no way to transmit or receive info along power lines. It is something we should all think about.

      Delete
  4. I've been out today and saw numerous drivers using their phones. It's really scary seeing the mistakes made driving. One car parked in middle of street I passed was sitting there tweeking with his phone. Its all beyond ridiculous. I wish something would happen that would stop this 'baloney'. The government isn't going to curtail it any fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking the same thing, and no one will stop it. Those who use the phones are totally addicted and won't willingly give it up. They are so vulnerable to being hacked, and maybe a real hacking disaster might give people a pause, but I doubt it.

      Delete