Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Taking it Easy

I spent about 4 hours at Jeannie's today; we sampled various cakes and sweets Donald made, had good conversation, and worked the NYT Sunday crossword.  It took a while but we finished every last bit of it.  I'm still at the top of my game when it comes to those puzzles, although Jeannie, Ara, and I probably contributed equally.

I took the sweats in size Medium that I planned to return to Costco, thinking maybe Jeannie would like them.  She prefers a different style, including elastic around the ankles, so I will return them.  I forgot to bring them home with me, and I'll try to remember the next time I'm at their house.  Here is a photo for anyone who wonders what the difference is between Puma and Hanes.  (Click to enlarge)




I love the slim tapered leg and especially the large pockets on either side - wish I could have worn the size Medium as the thighs would have been slightly less voluminous, but I'm ok with them the way they are.

I have been thinking I'm going to see if I can get a homeopathic doctor at my local UCD Med Center.  The big problem with going back to a doctor is if they want to do tests, most of which are done at their main location on Y St. in Sacramento.  I can no longer drive to that location, and even if I could find a way to avoid the freeway I will never again try to park in a garage, which is the only option there.  I just don't know what to do, but I know I'm not doing so well right now.  It is probably the dental infection, and I might even see if my dentist can pull the molars in early December. although it will affect what I can eat.  If it would help me avoid seeing a doctor it would be worth it - I'm down to 117# so what the hell does it matter if I lose more!

The rain has been almost continuous, and will be falling for the next few days as well.  I wish I'd done laundry before the clouds came in!

 

8 comments:

  1. Those are really nice sweats. They say if they are a little bit baggy it is better and keeps you warmer as your body radiates the heat. At least that's what I read somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then I want that head to radiate! It makes sense that it circulates and moves your body heat around. They aren't really baggy, they just aren't form fitting except the straight leg part which is love. I also love the length.

      Delete
    2. should have written that I want the "heat" to radiate. My typing lately is awful!

      Delete
  2. I like the way the Puma sweat pants look. Love having pockets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pockets are deep enough that things won't fall out like they do with so many skimpy pockets today. The feel of the fleece is so luxurious!

      Delete
  3. Eat more of Donald's sweets. I'd weight 200 pounds on my 5' frame if he were my husband. I'm with Jeannie. I like the elastic around the legs. Mostly so that they will fit me and not drag on the ground. I like just elastic on the waist too and not the draw string that is on all of them these days. Haven't been able to find what I like. Glad you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the opposite problem, and it is a problem, in that no matter what I eat I can't gain.

      I normally would like the elastic around the leg except that these taper so nicely and aren't long enough to slip down over my shoes. Drawstring or not at the waist isn't an issue with me. All I know is I like the fit, look and feel of the Pumas, and I probably won't ever have to buy another pair of sweats.

      Delete
  4. Thought of you when I was watching Bob Ross on the local Public TV station.

    ReplyDelete