Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Short One Tonight

As you know, I am going over to my daughter's house for her birthday dinner, and I'm not sure what time I'll get home or if I would have time to write a longer post.

I did a little work on the painting today, but it seems that everything I do leaves me needing to make corrections.  I'll just keep working on it and see what it looks like.  I have a lot of "how to" and "what should I do now" questions but no answers.

I drove to Costco in Folsom this morning because that is their only store I know of that carries Hazelnut coffee beans.  I had directions to drive there, which I looked at a day or so ago and thought I would easily be able to find it.   The entire trip was a comedy of errors, starting with me going way past Folsom and realizing the higher I gained in altitude the more I was driving too far.  I got off the freeway and back on coming back toward Folsom.

The Costco was in sight but I had lots of difficulty getting to it.  I had to drive through a hotel parking lot to get turned around, and then ended up in an In-&-Out Burger lot.  I finally made it to Costco, but leaving to drive home I turned the wrong way and several blocks down the road had to make a U-ie to get back in the right direction.  I finally got on the freeway and made it to where I am comfortable.  It was an amazing trip though - traffic was not too heavy to begin with, but it seemed every road I drove on was like Moses parted the Red Sea so I could safely travel without traffic in my way.

Did I say this was going to be a short one?   Have a nice evening everyone, and I'll be back tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had an interesting drive, U-turns and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ex used to laugh at me for driving through parking lots when I needed to turn around, so of course I always enjoyed doing it!

      Delete
  2. I could never drive in CA. the traffic and all the freeways would make me crazy. I won't even drive in PHX. LOL and Tucson is getting bad too. But at least you found the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choose where I will drive here - normally I wouldn't get on the freeway at all, but going east at that time of day wasn't bad. I'm thankful I made it but probably won't go again unless someone else drives me.

      Delete
  3. I do that all the time when I'm trying to find my way around a new city. I get to where I'm going and then can't remember how I got there and end up going the wrong way to go back and have to back track. Can't wait to see pictures of Jeannie's cake. Be sure someone takes some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie & Donald were taking so many photos including with the girls that I just left my camera put away. When you try to get a group photo it seems one of them is always making a face!

      Donald fixed home made enchiladas (everyone's favorite), with beans and rice. The seasoning in everything was so perfect and I ate way more than I thought I would. The cake was German Chocolate, which is Jeannie's fave. I cannot eat coconut to save my life (coconut and yogurt are two of the most vile foods in my opinion). It was a gorgeous cake - not like a decorated birthday cake, but it was her favorite after all. The top was decorated with pecans.

      Of course I didn't have any but I was full from dinner Jeannie insisted on cutting off a piece of the cake which had no frosting on it, which is where all the coconut was, so I was able to taste it. I shouldn't have because it just made me want more!

      It turned out to be a very nice family dinner, and I enjoyed it. I couldn't find the turn into their lane on the way there as it is dark early now. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it at all. I think driving at night, even in a familiar area such as theirs is just about off my limits for now. Except on the most major streets there are no street lights, which I like because I don't care for light pollution, but it means I can't find my way. Some folks leave their front door light on, but those don't throw enough light out that I can see by.

      Delete