Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I've barely moved today!

I haven't felt much like eating, haven't gotten dressed (it's after 3:30 in the afternoon), and am just suffering from a lack of motivation and energy.  I called and made an appointment for Dec. 1 to have my molars removed - at 7:40 a.m.  I had originally set the appt. for Dec. 6 and then decided I have no reason to wait.  Going at 7:40 in the morning will mean that I will drive myself to and from the dentist office, which means I can't take a valium, and I had thought I might take two this time.  The only thing I notice about the effects is that I'm much more relaxed.  When I don't take one I find myself clenching my hands constantly.

My daughter-in-law is in the hospital, and we are all hoping Baby Quinn comes quickly - although they rarely ever come quickly enough to suit the mother.   I hope to hear some good news this evening.

Last week Victoria at Michaels told me I have another class paid for Ara and me, but I don't think so.  If we get there and she made a mistake I'm going to come back home as I don't feel like painting just now.  I didn't have anything ready and not even a subject to work on, so I just went in and gesso'd a couple of small canvases, and think I will try to recreate the three palm trees I sketched and posted in my blog a few days back.  I've been feeling so down I haven't even tried out the little sponges or the nice round brushes I acquired recently.

I'm on the mend physically and I'm hoping to get my mojo back when I get the dental infection cleared up.   That won't be for another 2 weeks at least and I can't imagine living like this for the next two weeks.

My mind is still working, fortunately, and I came up with a brilliant idea for getting my Christmas shopping done, at least for the kids.  I've enlisted Alyssa and Autumn , my nearly 9 and nearly 10 yr old granddaughters, to do the shopping.  I'll set a proposed budget and turn them loose.  Ara will drive, probably to Barnes & Noble and maybe some other stores in the vicinity, as well as take them to lunch.  I might even get them to wrap the gifts after I get a chance to see them.   They are both excited about the prospect!   I think they will enjoy it and I will be so relieved to not have to do it myself, especially when I'm not feeling well.  (It's sort of like child labor, but as long as the labor is happy about it I don't think I'll be called before the Board!)

12 comments:

  1. I can sure identify with you on those lack of motivation and energy days. Sometimes there is a legitimate reason and sometimes they just come out of nowhere and sneak right up on a person with mentally crippling consequences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are certainly right about the mental crippling. I am like a zombie for the past few days.

      Delete
    2. Today was another busy day. I cannot seem to get time to spread some color. I did take time to research and order a set of oil pastels with mostly colors I do not have and do want. From here through the weekend is pretty well packed with other activities so get some rest for me. This winter I am not having any tooth trouble for a change. I hope your dental work takes care of your troubles and you can relax for Christmas.

      Delete
    3. I'm getting way more rest than I need, so I have enough to share! Dental issues can really wreak havoc in a person's health and life.

      Well, have a great week and weekend. I'm sort of looking forward to turkey although once or twice a year is enough for me.

      I hope I can get the energy to go to art class tomorrow evening, and not let the instructor bother me about little things.

      Delete
  2. A year ago I had no energy, and mentioned it to my doctor at my annual physical. My doctor checked my Vitamin B-12 levels and they were extremely low. Since then I have been getting a monthly B-12 shot and things are much better.

    Your story about the grand children doing your shopping reminded me of years ago when I went home for Christmas. I had to do some last minute shopping and was heading to Sears. My mother said, I need something for your brother and don't know what to get him, so find something for around $10, would you? I went to Sears, and found a neat ladle which was also a small balance scale. The heavy end of the handle was a weight, and you moved the pivot stand to the weight you desired, then fill the ladle until it would balance and it was perfect. I was very excited about it. When I was opening gifts, I opened one, and it was the ladle. I told my mom she had the wrong name on it. She said, no it is right. I needed it for you, but if I told you it was for you, there would have been no surprise. I still have it in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful story! Your Mom was a smart lady.

      I've been taking a Vitamin B complex tablet for a year or so, but lately my vitamins and supplements started giving me side effects. When I read the labels I find they keep adding other vitamins to the mix, so if you take several different kinds you are getting more than you think. I've stopped everything for about a week or so until I get back to normal except for the Omega 3 (Krill Oil) and the vitamins for my eyes.

      Delete
    2. Aren't mothers just brilliant at times? An endearing memory. Now will you please give us a picture of the ladle?
      Love,
      Curious Lady

      Delete
    3. Mothers have to be brilliant at times!

      I think Phil is the one with the ladle. I don't think you can post a photo in a comment section, but if he sends me a picture I will post it.

      Delete
  3. Catching up on your blog and sorry to hear your molars are giving you problems. I too have had no energy and have been going to bed before midnight (except for tonight).

    I know you will soon get your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I start to feel better - one an only sink so low and then it's hard to climb back.

      Delete
  4. I fell the pain of your Molars literally ! I too am having some Molar issues and I can't have the addressed until I head back to Canada in January. I had a deep cleaning 6 months ago and my teeth have given me so much trouble ever since. I think part of it for me is the CRPS. You made me chuckle with your comments about Child Labour lol. I hope you get some of your energy back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both get through this dental stuff intact. I feel like I'm just melting away! Good luck to you with your issues.

      Delete