Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another Down Day

I couldn't even take advantage of two different offers of rides to the hospital to see and hold my new granddaughter, Quinn Marie.   She is a beauty from what I've seen in the photos Steve sent.  She was born about 10:30 last night, and weighed in at 7# 2oz, at 20-1/4" long.  My daughter Jeannie was 20"  long when she was born, and was the shortest of my children (still is).  

This morning I woke up with a cough, which just sealed my fate as far as I'm concerned for visiting the baby today.  I'm even reconsidering going to Jeanie's house for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  Joe was going to have it, but it is better for Jeanne if she can stay home.  I think it's been too soon for her to be going out, getting in and out of a car, etc.  I'll see what I feel like tomorrow, and I don't even know if what I have is contagious since I've never had a fever.  Every bit of energy I have is ebbing away, and I couldn't get an appointment at the dentist until 7:40 am a week from tomorrow.   Jeannie suggested I spend the night at her house and Ara can drive me to my appointment which sounds good to me.

Yesterday Phil wrote a comment to my blog post, that was related to Christmas shopping:

"Your story about the grand children doing your shopping reminded me of years ago when I went home for Christmas. I had to do some last minute shopping and was heading to Sears. My mother said, I need something for your brother and don't know what to get him, so find something for around $10, would you? I went to Sears, and found a neat ladle which was also a small balance scale. The heavy end of the handle was a weight, and you moved the pivot stand to the weight you desired, then fill the ladle until it would balance and it was perfect. I was very excited about it. When I was opening gifts, I opened one, and it was the ladle. I told my mom she had the wrong name on it. She said, no it is right. I needed it for you, but if I told you it was for you, there would have been no surprise. I still have it in my kitchen. "

Caddie wanted to see a photo of this ladle and Phil sent this to me today:

The batteries in my smart phone were dead, but I did find a picture of the ladle on etsy. It is ready to pour in the ingredient you want to weigh, and when the weight reaches the amount, the ladle will level out. Neat! 






I just ate some ice cream because it makes my throat feel better, but now I'm freezing and burning up on the side of me closest to the space heater!

I called to cancel my attendance at art class this evening, to find out there is no class for the next two weeks.   I haven't been out of the house except to bring in the garbage cans that I should have taken care of yesterday, and I'm glad I don't have to go out today . 

Thank goodness for the hummingbird feeder on my front porch.  Those birds go at it as if thy can't get enough, and I love watching them.

Thinking about my 9 living grandchildren (plus the twins that didn't make it), assures me I am one lucky woman!    I've lived to see them all, as well as to see how wonderful my own children are as parents.    I can't ask for more.

11 comments:

  1. Well now I'm getting concerned about you too. Are you sure you don't have a fever? Sore throat is just awful. Nine grandchildren. WOW! I have one and I'm thrilled. But then I only had one child so I guess 9 wouldn't be anywhere near possible for me. You are a lucky woman indeed with lots of years left to watch those grandchildren grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever had a fever since I've been feeling bad. I don't know what's wrong, but I hope the dental extractions clear it up. I'll even take a course of antibiotics, which I absolutely hate to do.

      Delete
  2. It's easier for me to post a comment that to go back and add to my blog. I just heard from Steve, who said that Quinn had a little fussy spell this afternoon. He rocked her to Jerry Garcia tunes (Grateful Dead) and she quieted down immediately and went to sleep. He said he used to do the same thing with Liam. I hope Jerry is watching over from wherever he is and smiling about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you get over this bout of sickness soon.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I sure hope I do because it's really getting me down.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the new grandchild. A couple of weeks ago, I became a great granddad. Wow, don't that make me sound old??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't be alive when my great grandchildren come along, but I have enough grands to make up for it. No you're not old. And thanks for the congrats on our new baby, and the same back at ya!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. I love her name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, like it too. She is so pretty and the name fits already!

      Delete
  6. Teeth problems and infection can cause so many health issues. I am sure you will feel so much better after the extractions. Quinn Marie what a beautiful name. I have a Granddaughter named Everly Quinn and I named my Daughter Lacey Marie and she named her daughter Alle Marie so I love both of those names. Hang in there Gypsy you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter is Jeanne Marie, and I've always loved the names,

      If I can just make it to the dental appointment next week I'll probably be ok. I can't imagine being like this for another week though.

      Delete