Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 24, 2016

A Really Good Thanksgiving

I went to Jeannie & Donald's a little early this afternoon, not sure that I would stay.  I ended up feeling better and stayed until after dinner.  I think one of the things that has been wrong with me is that I haven't eaten enough to keep my energy levels up.   For what I normally eat, even in my better days, I had a lot today.  I got tired about halfway through but overcame that, so I didn't sleep away a big part of the day.  The excessive sleeping is no doubt partly due to boredom.  So I have hope that I can get back to normal one of these days, and the dental work will get me started on the path to recovery.   

I left about an hour after dinner - Jeannie offered  for me to stay there tonight but I drove on home.  We drew names for the Christmas gift exchange as well.    I also remembered to bring back the 3 prs of sweat pants that I forgot last time I was there (thinking Jeannie might be able to wear them).  I will return them to Costco but probably won't go anywhere tomorrow.  I hope I can talk myself into going back to the gym - it's been quite a while and I need to be consistent with it.  The advertising for the Christmas season is already outrageous this year and I will try to do some activities that don't involved getting into the shopping crowd.

I am really anxious to meet my new granddaughter, but not until I'm entirely sure I won't pass along any germs.  Maybe I should buy a packet of surgical masks - not a bad idea.

I hope everyone had as good a day as I had.  I'm so thankful for family and friends.

6 comments:

  1. I bought some surgical masks from Amazon and use them for quick, inexpensive indoor/outdoor therapy and protection for myself and sometimes for others. I put a couple of drops of quality essential oil (most of the time peppermint) on the mask before putting it on. It really opens my sinuses and helps with breathing. I especially do this when mowing the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to pick up a couple at a local Rite Aid. But I won't go look until after Black Friday!

      Delete
  2. David keeps surgical masks around to use whenever he has to be around any kind of chemicals or go into a hospital that isn't a cancer clinic. They are quite handy to protect you from the germs or your germs from a sweet granddaughter. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. You couldn't get me out on the Friday after Thanksgiving for anything other than a farmer's market which I walked 3.5 miles to this morning all along the Atlantic Ocean coast. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's the way to go to a farmers market! But then
      there is the 3.5 miles back as well. I am thinking about going to the gym but I slept late this morning - til almost 9 am. I feel like the day is half over.

      Delete
  3. It sure was a great Thanksgiving for all it seems.
    I wouldn't leave my house today either. I really find it terrible that the stores are starting to be open on Thanksgiving day it should be outlawed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember why, but it seems like last year the stores were not opening on Thanksgiving "to give their employees a chance to celebrate with their families". There are few businesses that care more about their employees than even a small profit they can make.

      Delete