Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 10, 2016

So Tired

I don't know why but I'm tired and lack energy today.  I did go to the gym but that was it - I came straight home and haven't left it since.

I figured out how to use the tape hangers for the small paintings and it's pretty easy once I tried it.  I've hung  3 of them so far and wonder if I didn't make a mistake by not putting them in frames.  I'm not sure how difficult it would be to remove 3 paintings - 6 tapes - from the wall.  Then I need to find some inexpensive frames - nothing elaborate but just something to outline the canvases.  So that kind of slowed me down today and while I've looked at the Irish farmhouse painting I started, I didn't do anything today.  I'm not happy with the colors I've used for one thing.  I am terrible at mixing paints, just knowing what color(s) to add to achieve a particular shade.  I know it takes practice, but I'm ready to go out and buy a few tubes of specialty colors so I don't have to mix so much.  Of course I'd still have to mix other colors with it to achieve the exact shade I'm looking for.  I think I'm just burned out for the day - about everything.  I'm not unhappy about anything but just tired and a bit burned out.   

I will be back tomorrow and hopefully in a better frame of mind.

17 comments:

  1. Some days are just like that and so just don't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what came over me because I woke up in a good mood and rarin' to go. A little later I was like a deflated balloon! Hope tomorrow is better.

      Delete
  2. I hope Friday is a better day for you, dear Gypsy. There is a huge cloud hanging over our house now. And I am not talking about the weather. We have turned off our TV except for Netflix and Amazon Prime. Keep working at the painting. You are doing a great job at it. When will you start taking orders? We would buy one. Provided it was signed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, you are a dear, and I thank you for cheering me up. I guess that dark cloud has affected me more than I realized. I will get back to the painting in a day or two, but I need to feel good in order to do it justice.

      Speaking of signing paintings, I need to come up with a new signature. Gypsy97 is just too difficult to write with even a very thin brush, and it takes too much space. I may think about just signing it "Marty" which is what I've been called for as long as I remember. I'm open to suggestions.

      Delete
  3. I use the canvases that wrap around the wooden frame and I paint the edges as part of the whole painting. That way, I don't need to frame them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few of those canvases but for some reason everyone in my class just used the thinner canvas boards. Also, I've been working on the smaller size canvas lately. I'll just have to look to see about buying 6 frames. If I don't I will scold myself every time I look at them on the wall!

      Delete
  4. Please quit worrying about what the others in the class are doing. Sheep do that. You are a special individual and have no need to follow the others. It limits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe the boards just took up less space. I personally like the framed ones, and have several on hand.

      I only have one more class to go to, and I'm taking my granddaughter with me. I'll miss the interaction with the other painters, but it has become more of a stress than it should be. I like painting at home, working for a while and then setting it aside, to come back to it later. It seems I need to re-energize.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully with a good night's rest you will be back to your old cheerful self :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody has those days and with the recent turmoil I'm not surprised. I'm feeling "blue" is the only way to put it. How was Jeannie's party and "the cake"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birthday dinner was great and I enjoyed the evening at someone else's house. Donald's Mom was there also. I had a very difficult time driving in the dark for some reason, and i'm depressed about that.

      Delete
  8. Go to Michael's, get yourself a Color Wheel $10. Great help. Do you see the different perspective with the house height?
    Energy - what's that? You are ambitious, Gypsy; I admire that. Are you going to sell your paintings? I want to buy. grin but serious. You are going to be a winner; keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the color wheel and sometimes it helps but sometimes it just confuses me. I don't think I would ever have the nerve to take money for my humble paintings.

      Delete
    2. Some of your paintings are better than many I have seen with 3 figure price tags at galleries. Camera perfect paintings have no soul. Yours have soul.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Barney. I hope to get back to the painting after my birthday in a few days. That day has always made me depressed, and the depressed feelings even start a few days before, so I am in the middle of it right now. I don't dare touch a paint brush!

      Delete