Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Finally!

Steve & Meg brought baby Quinn to Jeannie's house yesterday and I was there and ready!  Meg handed her to me immediately; I spoke to her in a soft voice and, eyes open wide, she smiled at me!  Such a big smile, no doubt about it.  Need I say that my heart soared.  Jeannie was next, and from then on she was passed around for everyone to hold, even the kids.  There is just nothing like it, and I'm not just being grandmotherly when I say she is a beautiful baby (I've never seen a baby that wasn't beautiful) with a lot of dark hair so far.  She's a tiny little thing, somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 pounds.  I'm glad to have been able to hold her while she is still tiny as all my babies were tiny and it is just like old times.

After looking at what is available in the grocery store yesterday, I've decided I can make a better cream soup from scratch than I can buy in a can, so that's what I'll do for the first few weeks.  I love Malto cereal which is sort of like cream of wheat only made with corn, and flavored with maple and brown sugar.  I'm going to get some cream of wheat and also some grits, and should be ok for breakfast at least, and maybe even for supper.  I love grits with salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.  If I could only have some shrimp to go along with the cheesy grits!

My rent bill came today along with the newsletter/booklet for December.  I note they have a time at the clubhouse on Monday afternoon set aside for crafts.  Anyone can bring their crafts to work on, and I'm giving some thought to trying it out and taking a canvas, some paints & a brush or two.  I bought a small container of hand wipes that are supposed to be good for cleaning paint off a brush as well as one's hands, plus I'm sure they have a water source nearby.  I haven't decided exactly what I would take or whether it's worth it to haul even a few supplies down there and back.  I figure I only would need to go once and I would be able to tell if I would enjoy it or not.

OK, I'm sitting around long enough and need to get some things done before I am feeling too bad to do anything.  Tomorrow night I will stay at Jeannie's and Ara will take me to my appt at 7:40am on Wednesday morning.  I'm not sure when I will be able to post again, but I hope everyone has a good week.

12 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you finally got to see that new baby girl. The are so very sweet when they are tiny and especially when you get that big smile.

    I know all will go well for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. New babies make the world a better place, don't they. I will be fine once I just get the dental appointment over with. I'm sure frustrations lie ahead, but I'm strong and can handle it.

      Delete
  2. Little kids are neat for sure.
    Caution the hand wipes will leave too much paint in the bristles even for watercolor. The soap and water and working the brush in the palm of your hand is by far the best technique I have found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the hand wipes and don't know if I've ever used one yet. They will probably be more for cleaning paint off my hands than the brushes. At home I am so close to the sink where I can wash the brushes with soap and water, which I do faithfully.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you were able to hold the sweet new baby. Too bad someone didn't get your picture holding her and maybe with her big brother there too. How does he like her getting all the attention?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to hold the sweet new baby. Too bad someone didn't get your picture holding her and maybe with her big brother there too. How does he like her getting all the attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is 6 yrs between Liam and his sister, and he takes his big brother job very seriously. He's one of the sweetest kids I've ever known. There were a lot of phones held out during the evening, so I'm sure I'm on a photo or two, although whether I'll ever see it is another thing. I took my camera but didn't take any pictures - just don't have extra energy right now and I used it where it mattered to me - holding the baby for one thing!

      Delete
  5. Yum, grits with salt, pepper, alittle butter and cheese. Sounds good to me!
    May have to fix us some.
    I must have lost track, but are you having another tooth pulled in the morning?
    Best of luck and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having two molars pulled on Thursday morning. They are together on the same side, and rather than have to make two trips I decided to get it all over with in one. I hope I'm not overestimating what I can deal with, but I think it will go ok. I have a gold crown on one, and don't think that will cause any trouble getting it off. I wish I could be totally anesthetized but that would be much harder on me than otherwise.

      Enjoy your grits!

      Delete
    2. I just read my last paragraph above and see why everyone thinks my dental extractions take place tomorrow (Wednesday). I spend the night at my daughter's house and be at the dentist at 7:40 am on Thursday.

      Delete
  6. Oh yes there is just nothing like holding a new Fresh Baby as my daughter calls new borns. Wishing you all the best with your extractions. I know once they are gone and in a week or two you will feel so much better. Remember rinse your mouth with lots of salt water. (sorry it is just the Mother in me that feels obligated to tell you how to take care of yourself lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dentist's instructions mention the salt water, but I don't think I did it often enough the last time. This time I'm following all instructions to the letter, Mom!

      Delete