Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, January 24, 2014

Why on Friday?

Why is it that if you're not feeling so good to begin with, it always gets worse on a Friday.  I spoke to the advice nurse this morning about my cough and congestion.  She told me (among other things) to drink hot tea with lemon and honey.  If I ever eat or drink anything with honey they should know I'm delirious!  I absolutely can't stand honey, never could.  It is way too sweet to begin with.

Joe emailed me to see if I was up for a walk on the trail and I figured, why not.  I hoped I'd feel better out in the fresh air, and I did.  His youngest daughter, Keira, went along with us but since she is definitely not a walker, she opted to ride in a stroller!  We walked the same distance as before - about 3 miles round trip.  We stopped for a longer period, and watched as two horse patrol ladies came close to where we were.  Of course Joe and I had to go meet the horses, but Keira wasn't having any of that.  There was a mare and a big, big male horse - didn't get in the right spot to determine if he was a stallion, but I doubt he was.  He had such a beautiful nature, really a sweet boy.

 
This is the side trail we take back to the parking lot.




We used to live across the street from the houses along the fence line to the left.  



Don't forget you can click on a photo to enlarge it.

I'm feeling much better after the walk and may try the gym later on.  I certainly don't feel so great just sitting around at home by myself.  I just won't give any hugs - that's a big order and it's difficult to see my kids & grandkids without hugs.

8 comments:

  1. You can't be too bad off if you walked three miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is always good for you. I don't do near enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had that respiratory crud there is no way I could have walked a mile let alone three miles. You are doing fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 miles! outstanding ... ! sure envy your weather...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out door walking is good for you. Staying in the house is not good for your mental health not to mention your physically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know what you mean by that Friday stuff. If something is going to break there is a good chance it will break on a Friday afternoon right before the week-end when it is harder to make arrangements to have it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you got out and about!!! Nice horses to stop and visit with too....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are doing marvelously well. Three miles? That's astounding! Keep up the good work! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete