Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I just went outside to get my mail and walked into a beautiful sunny afternoon!  Though we desperately need rain, I am happy to see the sun, especially right now.

This morning was very chilly, and I hurried to the kitchen to start my coffee maker.  (Coffee is beginning to taste good again.)  On the way back to the living room something didn't seem right.  I realized my pajama bottoms had slid down to my knees.  That is pathetic when I can't even hold my pants up!  I don't have a scale, fortunately, so I can't say if I'm still losing weight, holding my own, or gaining a bit.

I made egg muffins this morning and had two for breakfast.  They tasted so yummy, and the best part is that I have enough for a couple more breakfasts.  I want to go to the grocery this afternoon to pick up a few items but I just can't get myself to get into the car and go anywhere.  I think I'm having more pain than I should at this point, but I'm not sure exactly whether I should be experiencing any pain or not  It is so tempting to take an oxycodone, which is exactly why I won't do it.

Jeannie and her youngest, Arianna, have had a 24 hour virus which it looks like I escaped by a few hours.  Donald stayed upstairs in  bed trying to avoid catching it.  All the kids are either just  getting over coughs and sneezes, or on the verge of having them now.  So far I've been lucky and seem to be weaving around the germs!

 

13 comments:

  1. Keep weaving!!! Glad you are feeling so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do any of the grocery stores near you deliver? That has been a godsend to folks in and around here ~ can cost $5 -$10, but just phone in your order and it arrives at your home :) Hope this would be a reasonable option for you.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those egg muffins will put the weight back on you. Take care of yourself and I hope all your pain disappears real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get a scale so you can keep track of your weight gain. If you keep eating it will happen. I wish I could volunteer to eat for you but I don't think it works that way. Glad you didn't get those bugs. That would be all you would need. Can you call the nurse or someone about when you should feel pain free??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay away from those germs! I think having some groceries delivered would be a great idea for a little while. Or what about 'Meals on Wheels' until you are up to par?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping yourself fit includes being at a healthy weight. If you are exercising and eating what you did before you're ahead of the game. Don't be worried about numbers.
    Even minimally invasive surgeries like you had will take at least two months to stop feeling any discomfort. Try an Ibuprofen instead of the oxycodone and start walking around outside to get your balance back in order. Be Safe and Enjoy your road to recovery.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you have to keep bending down to pull up your pants you will be getting lots of good old exercise on your road to recovery alright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the elastic has worn out in your PJ's. Start using Tylenol or Aleve and yes go outside and do some short walks, sit in the sun it will do you a world of good.

    WOW if you could find a delivery grocery that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good that you are eating more and food is tasting better!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're eating! and getting a bit of sunshine ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're on the mend, maybe it's time to get some suspenders for the PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Gypsy, I posted to a Feb 09 posting about ships in the channel and then thought I really need to see how you are doing in real time... I'm at Feb 09 in reading past postings.
    So happy to read you are home, getting around and the new years improving. I'm up the hill from Sacramento. And so looking forward to fulltiming if I can ever sell my house. Your time in Aug 2008 is so similar to what I'm experiencing now.
    Happy New Year, I'm still reading about Georgia...LOL...

    Carlene aka Waianaegal

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been checking on you but with no internet I haven't been commenting. I'm doing this on my phone and it takes forever. Just wanted you to know I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete