Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I love getting company

Last night Steve called me on his way back from Berkeley where he had been attending business meetings, and wanted to know if I would like to go to the grocery.  Of course I did, and picked up a lot of good stuff at Bel Air.

This morning Jeannie stopped by on her way to work with a bag of laundry I had left at her house (I didn't leave it on purpose, I don't think).  It was all washed and ready to wear!  She also brought me some soup Donald had made.

This afternoon Joe and his 2 girls stopped by with a coffee cake they had bought for me.  The girls and I ate most of it then and there.  Enteman's must have gone out of business because they have almost no product left on the shelves.  Steve thinks they were part of the recent revival of the Twinkie brand, which is owned by giant food corporation whose name I don't remember, and who must have bought out Enteman's.  I hate it when a long-time good product gets gobbled up by a company such as Kraft, Nestle, or the like

I decided to try walking a bit this afternoon and circled the small block across from my house.  It is the size of maybe 1/3 or 1/2 a regular city block and I made it, although it was tiring.  

I really wish I had tv service, but no amount of internet research indicates how I can get tv without a contract.  The ads say they have it, but there is no information about it or how to get it, the cost, etc.  I do know Dish TV offers no contract service but you have to buy all the equipment and follow their instructions on installing it, etc.  I can just imagine myself installing that equipment, getting on the roof to hang the dish, etc.  I will just have to get through the boredom of my next few days and weeks until I can drive again.  And I'm so thankful for my kids' thoughtfulness and generosity.

 

15 comments:

  1. Is there not cable available for TV in your community?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Git'n all that company an' stuff is almost worth git'n your gizzard cut out an' throwed in the trash. You are one lucky lady. An' a brave one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great kids. That was so nice of them to bring goodies with them and clean clothes to boot. :)
    The sell boxes that you just plug into the back of your TV to watch local channels. Ask one of your boys I bet they know about it. Walmart sells them maybe even Target. Put a call into Costco and ask if they have them. The phone can be a great tool even if you google it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is really taking good care of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you do have great kids for sure! I know you said you don't want to up your data plan for your internet or pay for a cable service ... but you keep saying how you miss it and .. I dunno ... seems an additional $50 a month for extra data or $10 or whatever it would be ... surely it wouldn't be over $50 ... then lower the plan when you go back on the road again.

    That's like a dollar or two a day for entertainment. helluva deal.

    I like m'morning coffee with GMA ... I just do. I certainly get used to not having it when I travel because I have more stuff to do in the mornings .... like look at a sunrise on the water ...

    but at home? gotta have it. glad you are continuing to improve ... maybe see you in the NC mountains in the summer ;) ... Black Mountain looks wonderful! and I bookmarked it.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about antenna TV. My outdoor antenna is only about 12 X 24 inches large. If you are unable to put up an outdoor one, they have pretty good indoor ones. I bought mine at Best Buy, but I suppose any electronic store would have them. I have plenty of channel choices including 3 PBS channels. Hope this helps.
    Betty from Sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used a new version of rabbit ears on my TV in Charlottesville and it worked fine. Get one from Best Buy and see. If not, return it.

    I continue to see why you are in Sac where your kids are. You sure did raise up some fine ones. Glad they are looking after you. Don't push that walking too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you up and around! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you up and around! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gypsy - TV is FREE - all you need is a $10 pair of rabbit ears antenna from Walmart ! If you have an old analog TV just buy a $50 converter box to change it to digital - plug in the rabbit ears and FREE TV - or ask your kids to all pitch in a few bucks and buy a NEW digital TV at Walmart or Best Buy for $200 - plug in the rabbit ears antenna and you have FREE TV - You should be able to pick up all the major networks plus a few PBS channels - TV is FREE !!!!!! - Cindy in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - The cost of $200 for a new digital TV is for a 32" - you can actually buy a smaller TV for as low as $100 - but it is easier to see the 32" - all the new TV's are digital nowadays and extremely easy to understand and have nice clear color pictures - Just do it !!! TV is FREE !!!! - Cindy in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS - The cost of $200 for a new digital TV is for a 32" - you can actually buy a smaller TV for as low as $100 - but it is easier to see the 32" - all the new TV's are digital nowadays and extremely easy to understand and have nice clear color pictures - Just do it !!! TV is FREE !!!! - Cindy in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can go to this website www.tvfool.com , plug in your address, and it will tell you what over the tv stations you can reasonabky pick uo in your area.... We get even more thst it says, because our antenna is up higher than most. Some antennas can pull in a signal from inside, or some just kaying on the flat rooftop...

    *
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete